Being Mindful of Diabetes Distress
For many patients, living with diabetes is no easy task. The day-to-day struggle of controlling the disease can take a toll on one's mood. Being mindful of the moment may help diabetes patients boost their mental health.
The Fix-Sibling-Rivalry School Club
Did you and a brother or sister fight? A lot? Wouldn't it be nice to find a way to prevent your own kids from fighting each other? Sibling rivalry may be common, but it's also unhealthy.
Bulimia From Stress
Girls can tear up their bodies in reaction to stress, especially if they have impulsive personality traits. Teaching positive coping methods may help these girls avoid eating disorders.
Physical Therapy for Women's Bladders
Trouble holding it? For women, physical therapy can help them have less pain and better control of their bladder. About two-thirds of women felt much better after getting physical therapy, according to a new study. The more therapy women can get, the better the results.
Stressed Out? Does Your Doctor Know?
Stress may be a part of life, but it can get too intense and interfere with daily life and sleep. It can also contribute to medical conditions – but your doctor may not talk about it.
Be Happy, Be Rich, Someday
Does it seem like life would be easier if you were rich? Like all rich people are happier? What if it was the other way around? What if being happy is what made you rich? Of course, nothing is that simple.
Coffee, the Drink of Happy Words
Need another reason to refill your morning cup of joe? How about reading words faster and more accurately? A recent study found that a small amount of caffeine may enhance your ability to process words with positive connotations.
To Forgive is Divine
At the end of someone’s life, it may seem easier to try to focus on the good. But if unresolved issues are present, forgiveness can bring everyone some peace.
It Takes a Village
Children who have experienced multiple traumas face many challenges including possible PTSD, depression and anxiety. A combination of therapy and social services could provide the necessary support for a child to overcome these problems.
Meditation Boosts Heart Health
Meditation may not be high on your to-do list if you have a busy lifestyle. It makes sense to find time to unwind because the added relaxation may offer your heart a boost.
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- (-) Remove Stress filter Stress
- Emotional Health (91) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Depression (69) Apply Depression filter
- Anxiety Disorders (60) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (14) Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (7) Apply Generalized Anxiety Disorder filter
- Social Anxiety Disorder (5) Apply Social Anxiety Disorder filter
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (2) Apply Obsessive Compulsive Disorder filter
- Panic Disorder (1) Apply Panic Disorder filter
- Addictions (21) Apply Addictions filter
- Suicide Prevention (15) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Sleep Disorders (12) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Child Disorders (11) Apply Child Disorders filter
- Violence Prevention (11) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Dementia (7) Apply Dementia filter
- Bipolar Disorder (5) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (2) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Schizophrenia (2) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder (1) Apply Attention Deficit Disorder filter
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (1) Apply Autism Spectrum Disorders filter
- Eating Disorders (1) Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (1) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (31) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Cardiovascular (29) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Womens Health (25) Apply Womens Health filter
- Pediatrics (24) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (18) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (12) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Diabetes (10) Apply Diabetes filter
- Cancer (9) Apply Cancer filter
- Mens Health (8) Apply Mens Health filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (5) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Healthy Home (4) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Patient Safety Education (4) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Sexual Health (3) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Trauma (3) Apply Trauma filter
- Baby (2) Apply Baby filter
- Exercise (2) Apply Exercise filter
- Gastrointestinal (2) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Pulmonary Disease (2) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Incontinence (1) Apply Incontinence filter
- Infectious Disease (1) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health