Long Live Knee Replacements in the Young!
People typically think knee replacement surgery is only for older adults with arthritis. But the surgery is also used for young patients when joint damage has become severe.
Lower Income Tied to Less Knee Pain
The quality of care when getting a new knee shouldn't depend on patients' income. Treatment should be the same no matter who's under the knife. But lower income patients might feel better about their surgery than patients who earn more.
Running for Your Hips
Running can be hard on the knees, but the same may not be true for the hips. In fact, running might protect the hip joint.
The Fate of New Hips in Women
Hip joint replacements can help patients regain normal mobility. But just like any surgery, there are risks involved in hip replacement. And women may have a higher risk than men when it comes to failure of the new hip.
Dentist Visit OK For Joint Implant Patients
There is a history of prescribing antibiotics to patients with hip and knee implants before they have any dental work done. There are concerns that this could help reduce the risk of bacteria entering the blood stream and affecting the implants.
Risks for Hip Replacement Do-Overs
A total hip replacement can reduce pain and bring back mobility. Still, the procedure has its complications, requiring some patients to go in for an additional surgery, called a revision.
Osteoarthritis Is Not Just For Grandma
Pain, stiffness and swelling can be daily challenges for those living with knee osteoarthritis (OA). This debilitating disease is known to occur more frequently with age and in certain populations.
Does Rehab Help Before Joint Replacement?
Before going through knee replacement surgery, patients often do some rehab for their aching joint. That is, they try to improve pain and function before surgery. But does this pre-surgery rehab improve outcomes?
Embracing the Brace
Knees are only meant to bend forward and backward. If a knee pops and locks up with major pain, something serious is going on there, and it's most likely an ACL injury.
When the Shoe Fits
That raw blister on the back of the heel can make running painful. And if an experienced runner gets a stress fracture while trucking a long time, what's causing the damage?
- (-) Remove Neuromuscular Disease filter Neuromuscular Disease
- Rheumatic Disease (7) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (6) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Infectious Disease (3) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Mental Health (3) Apply Mental Health filter
- Patient Safety Education (3) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Cardiovascular (2) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Hematology (2) Apply Hematology filter
- Womens Health (2) Apply Womens Health filter
- Diabetes (1) Apply Diabetes filter
- Exercise (1) Apply Exercise filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Pediatrics (1) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter