Battle of the Bug Bites
As you're enjoying Memorial Day meals this weekend, don't be surprised to see six-legged friends scavenging for meals. Hopefully, they'll go after your food crumbs and not your blood.
Boob Tube Linked to Kids' Poor Eating
The electronic babysitter may do more than keep your child occupied. Too much TV watching may also be contributing to your child's unhealthy eating habits. A recent study found a link between the amount of TV a child watches and a higher likelihood of having poor eating habits, like skipping breakfast, eating sweets or fast foods, or drinking more sweetened drinks. Give your child healthy options for TV snacking. Leah Lipsky , PhD, and Ronald Iannotti , PhD, of the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development in Bethesda, Md . studied patterns ...
Heat Waves may Affect Your Health
People who live in warm climates may be more used to the scorching heat of summer. These folks are better equipped to handle high temperatures. However, for people from colder regions, heat may become a major health shock.
Banned Antibiotics in Chicken Feathers
Do you know what's in the chicken on your plate? You may be ingesting tiny amounts of arsenic and antibiotics that are illegal to feed chickens according to two recent studies.
Low Dose Hormone Like Chemicals may Harm
Endocrine-disrupting chemicals ( EDC ) is the name given to a variety of substances that can act like hormones in the body. Exposure to EDCs can occur through contact with a variety of common household goods and in many industrial settings. The effects of high-doses of EDCs are well-studied in industrial settings, but the possible health effects of low-dose exposures, like those in common household goods, have not received as much attention. EDCs in the Household Synthetic EDCs are found in a wide variety of plastics, pesticides, fungicides, and medicines. Naturally occur...
Pat Yourselves on the Back, America
Overall, Americans appear to be doing all right when it comes to nutrient levels. U.S. diets aren't necessarily top-notch in terms of healthiness, but malnutrition isn't high either.
Dietitians Practice What They Preach
They say if you want the best plate in the house, you should order what the chef eats. The same might be said for following the eating and health habits of registered dietitians.
Step up to Prevent Child Stairs Injuries
Children aren't tumbling down the stairs at the same rate they used to, but a young child is still on the way to the ER once every six minutes for stairs-related injuries.
Muscles: Use 'Em or Lose 'Em
Exercise does more than stretch and work your muscles - it actually alters the molecules in your muscles' DNA, prepping those muscles to reap the benefits of exercise.
If You Give a Kid a Chickpea Cookie
If the proof is in the pudding, parents best fess up: admit to your vegetable-rejecting little one that the goodness of peas and carrots await them… in their favorite spice cake.
- (-) Remove Healthy Home filter Healthy Home
- Patient Safety Education (91) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Pediatrics (69) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Mental Health (64) Apply Mental Health filter
- Addictions (27) Apply Addictions filter
- Emotional Health (9) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Sleep Disorders (6) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Child Disorders (5) Apply Child Disorders filter
- Stress (4) Apply Stress filter
- Depression (3) Apply Depression filter
- Anxiety Disorders (2) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (2) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (1) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- Violence Prevention (1) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (60) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Womens Health (39) Apply Womens Health filter
- Mens Health (31) Apply Mens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (25) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (16) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Cancer (15) Apply Cancer filter
- Cardiovascular (15) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Allergies (10) Apply Allergies filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (10) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Back Pain (3) Apply Back Pain filter
- Chronic Pain Conditions (2) Apply Chronic Pain Conditions filter
- Alzheimers Disease (1) Apply Alzheimers Disease filter
- Epilepsy Seizure Disorders (1) Apply Epilepsy Seizure Disorders filter
- Migraine Headaches (1) Apply Migraine Headaches filter
- Parkinsons Disease (1) Apply Parkinsons Disease filter
- Restless Legs Syndrome (1) Apply Restless Legs Syndrome filter
- Baby (8) Apply Baby filter
- Pulmonary Disease (8) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Dermatology (7) Apply Dermatology filter
- Diabetes (7) Apply Diabetes filter
- Eye Disease (4) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (4) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Sexual Health (3) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (3) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Trauma (2) Apply Trauma filter
- Exercise (1) Apply Exercise filter
- Thyroid Disorders (1) Apply Thyroid Disorders filter