If Bars are Close, Violence May Be Closer
Growing research has developed indicating risk factors for potential violence in intimate relationships that come from both genetic and environmental sources, and new research suggests a person’s proximity to the neighborhood bar scene may contribute to their aggression at home.
Multiple Homes Produce Health Risks
We all know that stability is important for healthy development in childhood. Moving frequently can be a factor that disrupts children's social stability.
Keep On Practicing
Practice makes perfect, they say, but keep on practicing even after perfection. Continued practice makes the body more efficient - so that the same tasks use less energy.
Eat Mindfully at Your Favorite Haunts
Avoiding restaurants because of your diet? A new study says you may not have to if you make smart, "mindful" choices.
Prenatal Smoking is Deadly
We've known for decades that smoking during pregnancy is potentially damaging for the baby, and has been linked to various birth defects, premature birth, underdeveloped lungs, low birthweight and many other problems.
Digital Age Brings Generation of Back Pain
It's a common scenario: It's the end of the work day and you're struggling with an achy back and sore neck, even though your physical activity for the day hasn't involved much more than sitting at your desk, eyes glued to a computer screen.
Rising Exemptions for School Vaccinations
Before children can enter kindergarten, they're required to have a number of vaccinations against disease. But a growing number of kids are heading to school without their shots.
Walking in the Rain, Safely
Trying to meet physical activity requirements is hard enough with demanding work schedules or little munchkins running around. Safety is another hurdle women have to jump over.
You Can't Drink Away Your Worries
You had a bad day and all you need is a beer to soothe your problems. That seems to be the common mindset with others as well because binge drinking is increasing during these hard times.
Is Your Nose Plugged?
The autumn can bring all sorts all cold, allergy and sinus symptoms. The nose during this time of year seems often to be either runny or stuffed up.
- (-) Remove Healthy Home filter Healthy Home
- Patient Safety Education (91) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Pediatrics (69) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Mental Health (64) Apply Mental Health filter
- Addictions (27) Apply Addictions filter
- Emotional Health (9) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Sleep Disorders (6) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Child Disorders (5) Apply Child Disorders filter
- Stress (4) Apply Stress filter
- Depression (3) Apply Depression filter
- Anxiety Disorders (2) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (2) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (1) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- Violence Prevention (1) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (60) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Womens Health (39) Apply Womens Health filter
- Mens Health (31) Apply Mens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (25) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (16) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Cancer (15) Apply Cancer filter
- Cardiovascular (15) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Allergies (10) Apply Allergies filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (10) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Back Pain (3) Apply Back Pain filter
- Chronic Pain Conditions (2) Apply Chronic Pain Conditions filter
- Alzheimers Disease (1) Apply Alzheimers Disease filter
- Epilepsy Seizure Disorders (1) Apply Epilepsy Seizure Disorders filter
- Migraine Headaches (1) Apply Migraine Headaches filter
- Parkinsons Disease (1) Apply Parkinsons Disease filter
- Restless Legs Syndrome (1) Apply Restless Legs Syndrome filter
- Baby (8) Apply Baby filter
- Pulmonary Disease (8) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Dermatology (7) Apply Dermatology filter
- Diabetes (7) Apply Diabetes filter
- Eye Disease (4) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (4) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Sexual Health (3) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (3) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Trauma (2) Apply Trauma filter
- Exercise (1) Apply Exercise filter
- Thyroid Disorders (1) Apply Thyroid Disorders filter