Early Bloomers Smoking and Drinking Before Peers
Puberty is an important milestone on the road to growing up. But hitting puberty early may lead some kids to try adult substances earlier than other kids.
Growing a Baby in Dirty Air
The environment around a pregnant woman can influence a growing baby. High levels of pollution may be one thing that affects a developing baby.
Bipolar Youth at Risk for Substance Abuse?
Bipolar disorder has been previously linked with substance abuse in adolescents. It's possible that certain symptoms or behaviors can help target youth before they develop a substance use disorder.
Understanding the Autistic Brain in Sleep
Children with autism can have difficulties with communication skills, social interaction and repetitive patterns of behavior. Might they have difficulties with sleeping patterns as well?
When First Graders Know Marlboro
It was only a few decades ago that kids could recognize Joe Camel as easily as they recognized Mickey Mouse. Young children's ability to recognize cigarette brands appears to be global.
More Kids' ER Visits Doesn't Mean Worse Injuries
The issue of brain injury in children from playing sports has gained attention over the past several years. But that doesn't mean the injuries themselves have gotten worse.
Mental Health Medication Trends for Kids
Diagnosing very young children with behavioral conditions can be challenging. Deciding how to treat them, and whether to use medication, is a challenge as well.
How Can Preterm Birth Affect a Child?
Babies born very early during pregnancy can be at risk of having developmental issues. But how exactly are preterm offspring's lives affected?
Of Movement and the Mind
Children with autism develop at different rates and often in different ways than children without autism. There may be links between their motor skills and their development.
Where Teens Get Smokes and Booze
It’s illegal to sell alcohol and cigarettes to minors, but many underage youths get ahold of these substances anyway. It may be that friends and family are providing access.
- Adderall (5) Apply Adderall filter
- Concerta (3) Apply Concerta filter
- Ritalin (3) Apply Ritalin filter
- Celexa (2) Apply Celexa filter
- Effexor (2) Apply Effexor filter
- Lexapro (2) Apply Lexapro filter
- Paxil (2) Apply Paxil filter
- Prozac (2) Apply Prozac filter
- Strattera (2) Apply Strattera filter
- Vyvanse (2) Apply Vyvanse filter
- Zoloft (2) Apply Zoloft filter
- Daytrana (1) Apply Daytrana filter
- Depakote (1) Apply Depakote filter
- Focalin (1) Apply Focalin filter
- Focalin XR (1) Apply Focalin XR filter
- Gralise (1) Apply Gralise filter
- Horizant (1) Apply Horizant filter
- Lamictal (1) Apply Lamictal filter
- Neurontin (1) Apply Neurontin filter
- OxyContin (1) Apply OxyContin filter
- Ritalin LA (1) Apply Ritalin LA filter
- Tegretol (1) Apply Tegretol filter
- Topamax (1) Apply Topamax filter
- Trileptal (1) Apply Trileptal filter
- Vicodin (1) Apply Vicodin filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- Addictions (112) Apply Addictions filter
- Child Disorders (84) Apply Child Disorders filter
- Emotional Health (76) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (62) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (52) Apply Autism Spectrum Disorders filter
- Depression (51) Apply Depression filter
- Sleep Disorders (44) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Violence Prevention (31) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Anxiety Disorders (26) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (2) Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (1) Apply Generalized Anxiety Disorder filter
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (1) Apply Obsessive Compulsive Disorder filter
- Panic Disorder (1) Apply Panic Disorder filter
- Social Anxiety Disorder (1) Apply Social Anxiety Disorder filter
- Stress (24) Apply Stress filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (12) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- Bipolar Disorder (8) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Suicide Prevention (8) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder (5) Apply Attention Deficit Disorder filter
- Eating Disorders (5) Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Schizophrenia (4) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Borderline Personality Disorder (2) Apply Borderline Personality Disorder filter
- Dementia (1) Apply Dementia filter
- (-) Remove Pediatrics filter Pediatrics
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (77) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (30) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Patient Safety Education (27) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (19) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Healthy Home (16) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Womens Health (16) Apply Womens Health filter
- Trauma (12) Apply Trauma filter
- Cardiovascular (11) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (11) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Pulmonary Disease (11) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Diabetes (9) Apply Diabetes filter
- Gastrointestinal (8) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Infectious Disease (8) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Baby (7) Apply Baby filter
- Mens Health (5) Apply Mens Health filter
- Allergies (3) Apply Allergies filter
- Cancer (3) Apply Cancer filter
- Rheumatic Disease (3) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Incontinence (2) Apply Incontinence filter
- Kidney Disease (2) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Sexual Health (2) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Deafness Hearing Loss (1) Apply Deafness Hearing Loss filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Hematology (1) Apply Hematology filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health