A Leg Up on Learning: Exercise, Study or Both?
Kids might rather be running around outside instead of preparing for that next test, but both play and study can help the brain. That is, physical fitness and quizzing could help the child learn better in the long run.
Teens Doubling and Tripling Their Alcohol Intake
Concerns about teenage alcohol use have existed for a long time — and with good reason. But it may surprise some people to learn just how much some high school students drink.
The Mysterious Aches of Bullying
As bullying receives more attention, researchers are learning more about its possible effects on children. The long-term effects may be more than emotional or psychological. They could be physical as well.
How Many Children Are Taking ADHD Medication?
ADHD medication prescriptions have become more and more common in the United States. Doctors are now using these medications to treat a variety of psychiatric disorders.
A Mind-Body Approach to Teen Health
Whether in their schools, families or social circles, teenagers can face a range of pressures. School-based programs are among those aiming to ease challenges to young people's overall well-being.
E-Cigs Popular Among Young Students
Most smokers pick up the habit when they are teenagers. And regular tobacco cigarettes may not be the only thing teens are smoking. Now, electronic cigarettes appear to be attracting young students at a faster pace each year.
Working Out Development for Cerebral Palsy
All children develop at different rates even if there are "averages" that exist for the typical child. Children with disabilities may vary even more in their development.
Another Risk Factor for Teen Suicide
There is no research showing that it's possible to successfully "prevent" suicides. But, it is possible to know risk factors so that people can get help, potentially reducing the chance they will attempt suicide.
Parents-as-Drill Sergeants Not the Best Choice
A fair amount of study has been spent on whether spanking children can cause them any long-term harm. But what about lots of yelling at children?
Facebook Friends May Foster Risky Behavior
In the age of social networking sites like Facebook and MySpace, peer pressure can take on a whole new meaning. Kids might be influenced by friends at school and social events — or by what they see posted online.
- Adderall (5) Apply Adderall filter
- Concerta (3) Apply Concerta filter
- Ritalin (3) Apply Ritalin filter
- Celexa (2) Apply Celexa filter
- Effexor (2) Apply Effexor filter
- Lexapro (2) Apply Lexapro filter
- Paxil (2) Apply Paxil filter
- Prozac (2) Apply Prozac filter
- Strattera (2) Apply Strattera filter
- Vyvanse (2) Apply Vyvanse filter
- Zoloft (2) Apply Zoloft filter
- Daytrana (1) Apply Daytrana filter
- Depakote (1) Apply Depakote filter
- Focalin (1) Apply Focalin filter
- Focalin XR (1) Apply Focalin XR filter
- Gralise (1) Apply Gralise filter
- Horizant (1) Apply Horizant filter
- Lamictal (1) Apply Lamictal filter
- Neurontin (1) Apply Neurontin filter
- OxyContin (1) Apply OxyContin filter
- Ritalin LA (1) Apply Ritalin LA filter
- Tegretol (1) Apply Tegretol filter
- Topamax (1) Apply Topamax filter
- Trileptal (1) Apply Trileptal filter
- Vicodin (1) Apply Vicodin filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- Addictions (112) Apply Addictions filter
- Child Disorders (84) Apply Child Disorders filter
- Emotional Health (76) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (62) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (52) Apply Autism Spectrum Disorders filter
- Depression (51) Apply Depression filter
- Sleep Disorders (44) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Violence Prevention (31) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Anxiety Disorders (26) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (2) Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (1) Apply Generalized Anxiety Disorder filter
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (1) Apply Obsessive Compulsive Disorder filter
- Panic Disorder (1) Apply Panic Disorder filter
- Social Anxiety Disorder (1) Apply Social Anxiety Disorder filter
- Stress (24) Apply Stress filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (12) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- Bipolar Disorder (8) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Suicide Prevention (8) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder (5) Apply Attention Deficit Disorder filter
- Eating Disorders (5) Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Schizophrenia (4) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Borderline Personality Disorder (2) Apply Borderline Personality Disorder filter
- Dementia (1) Apply Dementia filter
- (-) Remove Pediatrics filter Pediatrics
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (77) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (30) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Patient Safety Education (27) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (19) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Healthy Home (16) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Womens Health (16) Apply Womens Health filter
- Trauma (12) Apply Trauma filter
- Cardiovascular (11) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (11) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Pulmonary Disease (11) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Diabetes (9) Apply Diabetes filter
- Gastrointestinal (8) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Infectious Disease (8) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Baby (7) Apply Baby filter
- Mens Health (5) Apply Mens Health filter
- Allergies (3) Apply Allergies filter
- Cancer (3) Apply Cancer filter
- Rheumatic Disease (3) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Incontinence (2) Apply Incontinence filter
- Kidney Disease (2) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Sexual Health (2) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Deafness Hearing Loss (1) Apply Deafness Hearing Loss filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Hematology (1) Apply Hematology filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health