Child Abuse Injuries Increased Slightly
Child abuse in general has been declining over the past decade, which is great news. Now it's time for the rate of serious injuries resulting from child abuse to decline as well.
A Bit Too Much TV for Tots
Are you used to having the television on all the time, just for a little background noise? That may not be a big deal — unless you have small children in the home.
What Is Sponge Bob Teaching Kids?
Cliques, mean gossiping, name-calling… where do little kids learn these cruel forms of social bullying? Well, possibly children's shows on TV.
Home Violence Leaves Psychological Scars
The trauma of seeing violence in the home firsthand takes its toll on children as it is. When they experience more traumatic events, their risk of mental health concerns is even greater.
This Is Your Child's Brain on Smoking
There are 101 reasons not to smoke while you're pregnant. But here is reason #102: there's some evidence it might change the way your child's brain works later on.
What Kangaroo Care Does for Your Preemie
Humans can learn a lot from kangaroos. In fact, they already have, at least when it comes to giving birth to tiny preemies.
Brain Injury's Long-Term Impact
In the one to two years after a child experiences traumatic brain injury, progress can be made in their function and quality of life. But improvement then appears to slow down.
Rest Easy, Parents with Baby Sleep Woes
Few things pierce a mother's heart like her baby's cry. This is why so many parents hesitate to use sleep training methods. But take heart — sleep-trained kids do just fine later on.
The Changing Brain of a Neglected Child
Child neglect is just as serious an issue as child abuse. It can lead to serious problems later with thinking, learning and social interaction. Scientists are starting to learn why.
Is Lance Armstrong Another Fallen Hero?
Ever since Lance Armstrong decided to quit fighting charges of doping by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency ( USADA ), the media has been abuzz with what his decision means. Is Lance a version of Pete Rose? Barry Bonds? Or Marion Jones?
- Depakote (3) Apply Depakote filter
- Risperdal Consta (2) Apply Risperdal Consta filter
- Adderall (1) Apply Adderall filter
- Concerta (1) Apply Concerta filter
- Gralise (1) Apply Gralise filter
- Horizant (1) Apply Horizant filter
- Lamictal (1) Apply Lamictal filter
- Neurontin (1) Apply Neurontin filter
- Prozac (1) Apply Prozac filter
- Tegretol (1) Apply Tegretol filter
- Topamax (1) Apply Topamax filter
- Trileptal (1) Apply Trileptal filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- (-) Remove Child Disorders filter Child Disorders
- Emotional Health (33) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Depression (31) Apply Depression filter
- Anxiety Disorders (26) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (5) Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (4) Apply Obsessive Compulsive Disorder filter
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (2) Apply Generalized Anxiety Disorder filter
- Social Anxiety Disorder (2) Apply Social Anxiety Disorder filter
- Panic Disorder (1) Apply Panic Disorder filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (23) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Addictions (18) Apply Addictions filter
- Violence Prevention (16) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (15) Apply Autism Spectrum Disorders filter
- Stress (13) Apply Stress filter
- Suicide Prevention (10) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Bipolar Disorder (9) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Sleep Disorders (8) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder (5) Apply Attention Deficit Disorder filter
- Schizophrenia (3) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Eating Disorders (2) Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (2) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- Borderline Personality Disorder (1) Apply Borderline Personality Disorder filter
- Pediatrics (89) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (28) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (9) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (8) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (6) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Healthy Home (5) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Pulmonary Disease (4) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Baby (3) Apply Baby filter
- Patient Safety Education (3) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Cancer (2) Apply Cancer filter
- Cardiovascular (2) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Gastrointestinal (2) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Sexual Health (2) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Dermatology (1) Apply Dermatology filter
- Diabetes (1) Apply Diabetes filter
- Infectious Disease (1) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Mens Health (1) Apply Mens Health filter
- Trauma (1) Apply Trauma filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health