Checked Your Teens' Texts Lately?
Who would have thought a text message could put a teen on a sex offender list? Yet this is one of the more extreme possible consequences of the increasing trend of " sexting ."
Watch for Teen Suicide Signs
While adolescence tends to be a tough time for most people, the experience can become overwhelming when multiple pressures or problems are occurring at once.
Do Children Become What They Eat?
Looking forward to another fight with your toddler over what they'll eat for dinner? Take heart - the fight is worth it for your child’s smarts down the line.
Dads Pass “Trust Hormone” to Kids
Often called the "love hormone" or "trust hormone," oxytocin is a chemical that helps parents and children bond to one another and works on children's emotional development.
Little Snorers Can Have Big Behaviors
It may seem cute sometimes when babies snore, like their adorable yawns and sneezes. But persistent snoring in children may be a sign of later behavior problems.
Subtle Long-Term Impacts of Child Abuse
Experiencing abuse as a child means more than a higher risk of mental illness. Researchers are learning that abused children are at risk for various long-term physical issues as well.
Links Between Child Abuse and Obesity
It's not uncommon to find that psychological and physical conditions are entwined. This can especially occur with different types of trauma or abuse.
Trauma of Violence Runs Deep for Kids
A child, like an adult, does not need to experience violence to be affected by it. Just witnessing violent events can affect a child's mental health - and possibly physical health, too.
Are Families With Autism Paying a Price?
Overall healthcare costs for children with autism may be higher than for children with other health conditions, like diabetes or asthma.
Which Autistic Children Will Improve?
Children with autism may develop their social and language skills at very different rates. Most important for parents is identifying children who are developing slowly, so they can receive extra attention.
- Depakote (3) Apply Depakote filter
- Risperdal Consta (2) Apply Risperdal Consta filter
- Adderall (1) Apply Adderall filter
- Concerta (1) Apply Concerta filter
- Gralise (1) Apply Gralise filter
- Horizant (1) Apply Horizant filter
- Lamictal (1) Apply Lamictal filter
- Neurontin (1) Apply Neurontin filter
- Prozac (1) Apply Prozac filter
- Tegretol (1) Apply Tegretol filter
- Topamax (1) Apply Topamax filter
- Trileptal (1) Apply Trileptal filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- (-) Remove Child Disorders filter Child Disorders
- Emotional Health (33) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Depression (31) Apply Depression filter
- Anxiety Disorders (26) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (5) Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (4) Apply Obsessive Compulsive Disorder filter
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (2) Apply Generalized Anxiety Disorder filter
- Social Anxiety Disorder (2) Apply Social Anxiety Disorder filter
- Panic Disorder (1) Apply Panic Disorder filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (23) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Addictions (18) Apply Addictions filter
- Violence Prevention (16) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (15) Apply Autism Spectrum Disorders filter
- Stress (13) Apply Stress filter
- Suicide Prevention (10) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Bipolar Disorder (9) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Sleep Disorders (8) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder (5) Apply Attention Deficit Disorder filter
- Schizophrenia (3) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Eating Disorders (2) Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (2) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- Borderline Personality Disorder (1) Apply Borderline Personality Disorder filter
- Pediatrics (89) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (28) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (9) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (8) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (6) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Healthy Home (5) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Pulmonary Disease (4) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Baby (3) Apply Baby filter
- Patient Safety Education (3) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Cancer (2) Apply Cancer filter
- Cardiovascular (2) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Gastrointestinal (2) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Sexual Health (2) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Dermatology (1) Apply Dermatology filter
- Diabetes (1) Apply Diabetes filter
- Infectious Disease (1) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Mens Health (1) Apply Mens Health filter
- Trauma (1) Apply Trauma filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health