Parents Make Kids More Stressed
The moods and behavior of parents affect their kids tremendously. And the children of bipolar parents are particularly sensitive.
Do Even More Children Have Autism?
According to the CDC, autism affects 1 in 110 children. But that number may grossly underestimate how many children and families actually suffer.
Facebook Status: Depressed?
In recent years, children have gone from playing outdoors to spending their time inside using Facebook or Twitter. A new report suggests that not only are kids being influenced by online activities, but that these online activities could lead to “Facebook depression".
Drinking while Pregnant Makes Bad Kids
Despite warnings from experts, many women drink at some point during their pregnancy. Now, a new study shows that mothers who drink while pregnant put their children at a greater risk of developing a serious behavioral disorder.
Paths in Psychopathology
Children who grow up poor and with a certain variant of a serotonin transporter gene are more likely to exhibit psychopathic behavior, according to a University of Illinois study.
ADHD Medications Appear Safe, Genetically Speaking
According to a new study from the National Institutes of Health ( NIH ), medications for attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD) do not appear to cause genetic damage.
A Different Kind of Sign Language
Researchers have discovered markers for measuring the ability of children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder to control impulsive movements.
Children of alcoholics face a steep uphill battle -- against their at-home environment, their families, even their genetics. Fortunately there is more awareness and research devoted to alcoholism's effects on children than ever before.
ADHD Drug Deals with Iron Deficiency
A study with adolescent rats shows that Ritalin®, a drug commonly prescribed for attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD), may help ease damage from early iron deficiency.
Is Your Child Manic?
The National Institute of Mental Health has just given a grant of almost $8 million to further the study of children with symptoms of mania in order to better predict the onset of bipolar disorder.
- Depakote (3) Apply Depakote filter
- Risperdal Consta (2) Apply Risperdal Consta filter
- Adderall (1) Apply Adderall filter
- Concerta (1) Apply Concerta filter
- Gralise (1) Apply Gralise filter
- Horizant (1) Apply Horizant filter
- Lamictal (1) Apply Lamictal filter
- Neurontin (1) Apply Neurontin filter
- Prozac (1) Apply Prozac filter
- Tegretol (1) Apply Tegretol filter
- Topamax (1) Apply Topamax filter
- Trileptal (1) Apply Trileptal filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- (-) Remove Child Disorders filter Child Disorders
- Emotional Health (33) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Depression (31) Apply Depression filter
- Anxiety Disorders (26) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (5) Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (4) Apply Obsessive Compulsive Disorder filter
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (2) Apply Generalized Anxiety Disorder filter
- Social Anxiety Disorder (2) Apply Social Anxiety Disorder filter
- Panic Disorder (1) Apply Panic Disorder filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (23) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Addictions (18) Apply Addictions filter
- Violence Prevention (16) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (15) Apply Autism Spectrum Disorders filter
- Stress (13) Apply Stress filter
- Suicide Prevention (10) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Bipolar Disorder (9) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Sleep Disorders (8) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder (5) Apply Attention Deficit Disorder filter
- Schizophrenia (3) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Eating Disorders (2) Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (2) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- Borderline Personality Disorder (1) Apply Borderline Personality Disorder filter
- Pediatrics (89) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (28) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (9) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (8) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (6) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Healthy Home (5) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Pulmonary Disease (4) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Baby (3) Apply Baby filter
- Patient Safety Education (3) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Cancer (2) Apply Cancer filter
- Cardiovascular (2) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Gastrointestinal (2) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Sexual Health (2) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Dermatology (1) Apply Dermatology filter
- Diabetes (1) Apply Diabetes filter
- Infectious Disease (1) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Mens Health (1) Apply Mens Health filter
- Trauma (1) Apply Trauma filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health