Bipolar DisorderInfo Center
Mood-Stabilizing Rx Tied to Lower Risk of Some Cancers
Mood-stabilizing medications are used to treat mental or neurological conditions, but a new study suggested that one of these medications might have an unexpected effect — preventing cancer.
Kids of Older Fathers at Higher Psychological Risk
Waiting to have children is not uncommon, but there might be some consequences for the children if parents wait too long.
Flu While Pregnant Might Affect Baby's Mental Health
Previous research established a link between prenatal exposure to infection and later schizophrenia. New research aimed to see if this same link was present for bipolar disorder.
Another Option to Treat Bipolar Depression
Bipolar disorder is characterized by periods of extreme energy and activity, called the manic phase, and periods of major depression. There are few medications approved to treat this type of depression.
Increased Depression in Common Teen Disorders
Separately, ADHD and asthma each have been associated with mood disorders. Are patients with both ADHD and asthma at an even greater risk?
Medicine to Help Mental Health Patients Quit Smoking
A cigarette habit can be hard to kick, especially for people with serious mental illnesses. Luckily, there's a medication that might make the quitting process easier.
Psychotic Disorders and Addiction Linked
Sometimes those with mental disorders can also experience other types of physical or mental illness. One such mental illness they may be at risk for is addiction.
Dealing with Physical Health and Bipolar Disorder
People with bipolar disorder may also be more likely to have poor physical health, according to a recent study.
No Link Between Antidepressants and Autism
Women may need to take various medications even while they are pregnant, trying to weigh the risks and benefits of the medications. When it comes to antidepressants, there's at least one thing they don't need to worry about.
Mania and Depression Run in the Family Independently
Mental disorders can be passed down through families. The individual factors of each disorder may be the important thing to pay attention to rather than the disorder itself.
- Depakote (7) Apply Depakote filter
- Zyprexa (7) Apply Zyprexa filter
- Seroquel (6) Apply Seroquel filter
- Lamictal (4) Apply Lamictal filter
- Risperdal Consta (4) Apply Risperdal Consta filter
- Geodon (2) Apply Geodon filter
- Prozac (2) Apply Prozac filter
- Seroquel XR (2) Apply Seroquel XR filter
- Abilify (1) Apply Abilify filter
- Actos (1) Apply Actos filter
- Adderall (1) Apply Adderall filter
- Celexa (1) Apply Celexa filter
- Cymbalta (1) Apply Cymbalta filter
- Effexor (1) Apply Effexor filter
- Fluoxetine (1) Apply Fluoxetine filter
- Gralise (1) Apply Gralise filter
- Horizant (1) Apply Horizant filter
- Lexapro (1) Apply Lexapro filter
- Neurontin (1) Apply Neurontin filter
- Saphris (1) Apply Saphris filter
- Tegretol (1) Apply Tegretol filter
- Topamax (1) Apply Topamax filter
- Trileptal (1) Apply Trileptal filter
- Zoloft (1) Apply Zoloft filter