Common Chemical in Consumer Goods Tied to Early Birth
Being born too early is a leading cause of death among newborns. So, understanding the causes of preemie births may help doctors prevent more of them.
Air Pollution Might Be Drying Eyes
People's eyes can get dry eye for many different reasons. According to a new study, one of those reasons may be environmental factors like air quality and atmospheric pressure.
Metal Used in Electronics Linked to Stroke
Current human exposure to the metal tungsten is thought to be low. But increasingly, the metal, which is used in cell phones and computers, is entering the environment and being linked to higher health risks.
Banned Pesticides Linked to Endometriosis
Our environment can affect our bodies in many ways. Even chemicals that were banned decades ago might be affecting some women's health today.
Navigating Kids' Media Wilderness
It's a brave new world of technology and media out there today — and that presents challenges for raising kids in such a media-rich environment.
When Headaches Are a Sign of Poisoning
As the winter months approach and people spend more time inside, hospitals might begin to see more and more cases of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Caregivers' Life Span May Be Longer
As the population ages, more and more people are taking on the role of caregiver, supporting older relatives as they age. It has been suggested that the stress of this role can bring health problems, but a new study found that caregivers may actually live longer.
Taking Air Pollution to Heart
Air pollution levels around the globe have been rising in recent years. Millions of people die each year from this pollution, as toxins not only cause lung problems but heart trouble as well.
Unintentional Meth-Fueled Workouts
Plenty of people fuel their workouts with protein and other supplements. Unfortunately, it's not always clear what may be added to these supplements. In some cases, dangerous substances have been found in products sold as natural supplements.
Growing a Baby in Dirty Air
The environment around a pregnant woman can influence a growing baby. High levels of pollution may be one thing that affects a developing baby.
- (-) Remove Healthy Home filter Healthy Home
- Patient Safety Education (91) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Pediatrics (69) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Mental Health (64) Apply Mental Health filter
- Addictions (27) Apply Addictions filter
- Emotional Health (9) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Sleep Disorders (6) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Child Disorders (5) Apply Child Disorders filter
- Stress (4) Apply Stress filter
- Depression (3) Apply Depression filter
- Anxiety Disorders (2) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (2) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (1) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- Violence Prevention (1) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (60) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Womens Health (39) Apply Womens Health filter
- Mens Health (31) Apply Mens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (25) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (16) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Cancer (15) Apply Cancer filter
- Cardiovascular (15) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Allergies (10) Apply Allergies filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (10) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Back Pain (3) Apply Back Pain filter
- Chronic Pain Conditions (2) Apply Chronic Pain Conditions filter
- Alzheimers Disease (1) Apply Alzheimers Disease filter
- Epilepsy Seizure Disorders (1) Apply Epilepsy Seizure Disorders filter
- Migraine Headaches (1) Apply Migraine Headaches filter
- Parkinsons Disease (1) Apply Parkinsons Disease filter
- Restless Legs Syndrome (1) Apply Restless Legs Syndrome filter
- Baby (8) Apply Baby filter
- Pulmonary Disease (8) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Dermatology (7) Apply Dermatology filter
- Diabetes (7) Apply Diabetes filter
- Eye Disease (4) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (4) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Sexual Health (3) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (3) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Trauma (2) Apply Trauma filter
- Exercise (1) Apply Exercise filter
- Thyroid Disorders (1) Apply Thyroid Disorders filter