Parents Defy Gloomy Medical Predictions
Trisomy 13 and 18 are chromosomal disorders, like Down's syndrome. Some parents may feel devastated when they learn their baby has such a disorder, but the reality holds much more optimism.
When Did Your Child Engage in Sex?
A fear held by many parents is that their adolescent will become sexually active at an early age. Here's good news: Being an involved parent can make a difference, says new research.
Good News About US Children
Ready for some good news about kids today? An annual federal report on children's well-being in the US has a lot of it, from birth outcomes to school performance to deaths.
Anticoagulant Treatment Not While Pregnant
What puts women at risk of pregnancy problems? Lots of factors, including illness, obesity and stress. A recent finding says that a type of antibody is also a risk factor.
Less is More with Embryo Transfers
One consideration in undergoing in vitro fertilization ( IVF ) treatment to have a baby is how many embryos to transfer into a woman's womb at once. One? Two? Three?
Test Tube Babies Reach 5 Million
The first "test tube baby," Louise Brown was born in July, 1978. Now, 34 years later, she's one of 5 million babies born by in vitro fertilization ( IVF ).
Contraceptive Use Linked to Attitude
What makes a woman more likely to use effective contraception? Scientists are still exploring all of the social, economic and cultural reasons. A recent study confirms one important link: Attitude plays a role.
Preserve Fertility for Life After Cancer
Young women who require chemotherapy or other cancer treatment may find that the treatment risks permanent damage to their fertility - but science is catching up.
Smoking Leads to Deadly Pregnancies
It's no surprise that smoking is harmful to a pregnant woman's fetus. But smoking can also increase the risk of a woman experiencing a dangerous kind of pregnancy in the first place.
Too Much Coffee Disrupts Fertility
If you're trying to have a baby with fertility treatments, there's no reason to skip your morning cup of coffee...but keep the refills to a minimum.
- Yaz (4) Apply Yaz filter
- Yasmin (2) Apply Yasmin filter
- Avonex (1) Apply Avonex filter
- Cervarix (1) Apply Cervarix filter
- Clomid (1) Apply Clomid filter
- Copaxone (1) Apply Copaxone filter
- Gardasil (1) Apply Gardasil filter
- Prometrium (1) Apply Prometrium filter
- Tamoxifen (1) Apply Tamoxifen filter
- Trelstar (1) Apply Trelstar filter
- Tysabri (1) Apply Tysabri filter
- (-) Remove Obstetrics/Gynecology filter Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Womens Health (113) Apply Womens Health filter
- Pediatrics (50) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (30) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Mental Health (28) Apply Mental Health filter
- Stress (10) Apply Stress filter
- Depression (8) Apply Depression filter
- Addictions (7) Apply Addictions filter
- Emotional Health (7) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Anxiety Disorders (3) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Violence Prevention (2) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (1) Apply Autism Spectrum Disorders filter
- Bipolar Disorder (1) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Schizophrenia (1) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Cancer (24) Apply Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (6) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Cervical Cancer (2) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Bladder Cancer (1) Apply Bladder Cancer filter
- Brain Cancer (1) Apply Brain Cancer filter
- Colon Cancer (1) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Female Cancer (1) Apply Female Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (1) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Uterine Cancer (1) Apply Uterine Cancer filter
- Sexual Health (18) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Patient Safety Education (17) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Baby (11) Apply Baby filter
- Mens Health (11) Apply Mens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (10) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Cardiovascular (9) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (7) Apply Diabetes filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (7) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Hematology (5) Apply Hematology filter
- Rheumatic Disease (5) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (4) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Constipation (1) Apply Constipation filter
- Crohns Disease (1) Apply Crohns Disease filter
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (1) Apply Irritable Bowel Syndrome filter
- Lactose Intolerance Food Allergy (1) Apply Lactose Intolerance Food Allergy filter
- Liver Disease (1) Apply Liver Disease filter
- Ulcerative Colitis (1) Apply Ulcerative Colitis filter
- Pulmonary Disease (4) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Thyroid Disorders (3) Apply Thyroid Disorders filter
- Allergies (2) Apply Allergies filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Dermatology (1) Apply Dermatology filter
- Incontinence (1) Apply Incontinence filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (1) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter