What Do You Know About Contraception?
The best way to prevent an unintended pregnancy — aside from abstinence — is consistent, effective use of contraception. Knowledge about contraception, therefore, is power.
Putting Humpty Dumpty Together Again
Women who beat cancer with the help of radiation or chemotherapy often damage their eggs in the process. But there may be a way to eventually prevent infertility.
Preemies' Later Pregnancies Higher Risk
Researchers already knew that women born underweight are at a higher risk for various health issues. But what about preemies who aren't underweight?
You KAN-DO It!
It's easier for preschoolers to eat well when families have the tools to think about good nutrition. Moms were able to do so with the KAN-DO program.
Is He Really Mr. Right?
Is it normal to have doubts before you get married, or could it be a sign of things to come?
Play in the Sun, Yes
Sunscreen? Yes indeed. SPF 15, 30, or 50? No worries. Parents are a-okay with their children playing in the sun.
Pregnant Athletes Can Keep Moving
There's no cause for alarm or plans to buy diapers after Maria Sharapova's stomach ache during the gold medal match at the Olympic games. The pain during her loss against Serena Williams in the London finals was just from a stomach virus, not a stork visit.
Older Moms' Kids Healthier, Smarter
Most people have heard that it can be more risky to have children after age 35. However, these concerns usually relate to birth complications and not to the children's development.
"SuperMoms" More Prone to Depression
You may have seen the studies trumpeting the higher amount of life satisfaction found among parents. Or the studies that found lower levels of well-being among parents. So which is it?
Older Mothers Have Lower Cancer Risks
Women are having babies and growing their families later in life. In terms of one cancer risk, being older is helpful.
- Yaz (4) Apply Yaz filter
- Yasmin (2) Apply Yasmin filter
- Avonex (1) Apply Avonex filter
- Cervarix (1) Apply Cervarix filter
- Clomid (1) Apply Clomid filter
- Copaxone (1) Apply Copaxone filter
- Gardasil (1) Apply Gardasil filter
- Prometrium (1) Apply Prometrium filter
- Tamoxifen (1) Apply Tamoxifen filter
- Trelstar (1) Apply Trelstar filter
- Tysabri (1) Apply Tysabri filter
- (-) Remove Obstetrics/Gynecology filter Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Womens Health (113) Apply Womens Health filter
- Pediatrics (50) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (30) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Mental Health (28) Apply Mental Health filter
- Stress (10) Apply Stress filter
- Depression (8) Apply Depression filter
- Addictions (7) Apply Addictions filter
- Emotional Health (7) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Anxiety Disorders (3) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Violence Prevention (2) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (1) Apply Autism Spectrum Disorders filter
- Bipolar Disorder (1) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Schizophrenia (1) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Cancer (24) Apply Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (6) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Cervical Cancer (2) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Bladder Cancer (1) Apply Bladder Cancer filter
- Brain Cancer (1) Apply Brain Cancer filter
- Colon Cancer (1) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Female Cancer (1) Apply Female Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (1) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Uterine Cancer (1) Apply Uterine Cancer filter
- Sexual Health (18) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Patient Safety Education (17) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Baby (11) Apply Baby filter
- Mens Health (11) Apply Mens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (10) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Cardiovascular (9) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (7) Apply Diabetes filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (7) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Hematology (5) Apply Hematology filter
- Rheumatic Disease (5) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (4) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Constipation (1) Apply Constipation filter
- Crohns Disease (1) Apply Crohns Disease filter
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (1) Apply Irritable Bowel Syndrome filter
- Lactose Intolerance Food Allergy (1) Apply Lactose Intolerance Food Allergy filter
- Liver Disease (1) Apply Liver Disease filter
- Ulcerative Colitis (1) Apply Ulcerative Colitis filter
- Pulmonary Disease (4) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Thyroid Disorders (3) Apply Thyroid Disorders filter
- Allergies (2) Apply Allergies filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Dermatology (1) Apply Dermatology filter
- Incontinence (1) Apply Incontinence filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (1) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter