Under the Tongue to Stop the Sneeze
People with asthma and allergies often have to take medication to stop their sneezing, itchy eyes and running noses. There’s new evidence to suggest an allergy treatment used in Europe could help prevent these reactions before they start.
Different Country, Different Allergies
Children born outside of the United States have lower allergy rates than US-born children. But now researchers have found that foreign-born children's allergy risk changes the longer they live in the US.
Mentally Managing a Child's Illness
A child with a chronic illness can present a variety of hardships in a family. However, seeking therapy can reduce the mental health challenges these families face.
Mask Your Kid's Asthma
For people with environmental allergies, the air they breathe can trigger reactions – even during sleep. Hypoallergenic mattress and pillow covers work for some but not all.
From Wheeze to Clot
People with asthma know that they need to be on alert for asthma attacks to make sure they get the treatment they need. A recent study showed that they may also need to look out for signs of blood clots.
Quick Fix Isn't Best for Asthma
Uncontrolled asthma is a huge problem, despite the availability of effective treatments. Some patients may be using "quick fixes" to treat asthma instead of more long-term solutions.
No Toys in the Mouth!
Phthalates are substances used to make plastic more flexible. They are contained in a number of items from personal care products like shampoo to flooring, electrical cords and toys.
Cockroaches and Air Pollution Shouldn't Mix
Most people try to steer clear of cockroaches. For children, however, avoiding these large, brown creepy crawlers is especially important.
Depression Makes Asthma Worse
Mental health can often affect many different aspects of life, including physical health. New research suggests that older adults with asthma may have more asthma-related issues when they are depressed.
Adult Asthma and Aging
Asthma can be difficult to control at any time of life. New research suggests, however, that older adults living with asthma may have more health issues as they age than younger adults with asthma.
- Pulmicort Respules (7) Apply Pulmicort Respules filter
- Flovent (6) Apply Flovent filter
- Advair (4) Apply Advair filter
- Singulair (4) Apply Singulair filter
- Proventil HFA (3) Apply Proventil HFA filter
- Asmanex (2) Apply Asmanex filter
- Symbicort (2) Apply Symbicort filter
- Ventolin HFA (2) Apply Ventolin HFA filter
- Xolair (2) Apply Xolair filter
- Adderall (1) Apply Adderall filter
- Combivent (1) Apply Combivent filter
- Concerta (1) Apply Concerta filter
- Montelukast (1) Apply Montelukast filter
- Prevacid (1) Apply Prevacid filter
- ProAir HFA (1) Apply ProAir HFA filter
- Vyvanse (1) Apply Vyvanse filter
- Xopenex (1) Apply Xopenex filter
- (-) Remove Pulmonary Disease filter Pulmonary Disease
- Pediatrics (61) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Allergies (51) Apply Allergies filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (27) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Mental Health (24) Apply Mental Health filter
- Addictions (8) Apply Addictions filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (5) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Depression (5) Apply Depression filter
- Child Disorders (4) Apply Child Disorders filter
- Stress (4) Apply Stress filter
- Emotional Health (2) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Anxiety Disorders (1) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Bipolar Disorder (1) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Sleep Disorders (1) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Violence Prevention (1) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Womens Health (20) Apply Womens Health filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (17) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Infectious Disease (12) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Mens Health (12) Apply Mens Health filter
- Cardiovascular (10) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (10) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Multiple Sclerosis (4) Apply Multiple Sclerosis filter
- Alzheimers Disease (3) Apply Alzheimers Disease filter
- Chronic Pain Conditions (2) Apply Chronic Pain Conditions filter
- Migraine Headaches (1) Apply Migraine Headaches filter
- Osteoarthritis (1) Apply Osteoarthritis filter
- Osteoporosis (1) Apply Osteoporosis filter
- Diabetes (9) Apply Diabetes filter
- Patient Safety Education (9) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Gastrointestinal (7) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Rheumatic Disease (7) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Cancer (6) Apply Cancer filter
- Dermatology (6) Apply Dermatology filter
- Healthy Home (6) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (5) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Baby (4) Apply Baby filter
- Hematology (2) Apply Hematology filter
- Exercise (1) Apply Exercise filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Incontinence (1) Apply Incontinence filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter