Vitamin D and Your Brain
Vitamin D is essential for building strong bones. But new evidence suggests that it may also play an important role in protecting against cognitive decline.
Stopping Blood Pressure Meds May Not Help Cognition
Any medication can cause side effects, and high blood pressure medications are no exception.
Omega-3 Supplements May Not Be Cutting It
Omega-3 pills are among the most popular dietary supplements in the US. But these pills may not be living up to their claims.
Dangerous Weight Loss Linked to Common Dementia Rx
It's probably not your imagination that Grandma is becoming increasingly fragile over time. And her dementia medication may be partly to blame.
Concussions May Exact Long-Term Toll on Football Players
Football is a violent sport. Although most football-related injuries heal, one particular injury — concussion — may lead to major mental issues later in life.
For Dementia, Medical Marijuana Pill Made No Difference
More than 40 years after the "war on drugs" was declared, some in the medical community are rethinking marijuana. And while some evidence has suggested that it could have health benefits, marijuana isn't likely helpful in treating symptoms of one neurological disease.
Under Debate: Psychiatric Medications
Medications are often prescribed to treat mental conditions, but are they all they’re cracked up to be? Some have raised concerns that psychiatric medications may have overstated benefits and underreported harms.
Nuts and Olive Oil Might Be Brain Boosters
The Mediterranean diet — with its vegetables, fruits, beans, lean meat and fish — may be heart-healthy. Add nuts and olive oil to the mix, and the brain may also get a lift.
Strategies That May Keep Your Brain Sharp
Everybody gets older — not just the body, but also the brain. There are, however, some things you can do that may help keep your thought processes humming along despite the extra mileage.
Diabetes, Depression, Dementia: How They May Be Linked
Diabetes and depression are both challenging yet common chronic diseases in the US. Together, they may pose an additional risk to mental health.
- Aricept (7) Apply Aricept filter
- Exelon (5) Apply Exelon filter
- Namenda (4) Apply Namenda filter
- Ativan (2) Apply Ativan filter
- Crestor (2) Apply Crestor filter
- Lipitor (2) Apply Lipitor filter
- Zocor (2) Apply Zocor filter
- Abilify (1) Apply Abilify filter
- Aciphex (1) Apply Aciphex filter
- Actonel (1) Apply Actonel filter
- Actoplus (1) Apply Actoplus filter
- Actos (1) Apply Actos filter
- Adderall (1) Apply Adderall filter
- Advair (1) Apply Advair filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Depakote (1) Apply Depakote filter
- Hyzaar (1) Apply Hyzaar filter
- Keppra (1) Apply Keppra filter
- Klonopin (1) Apply Klonopin filter
- Plavix (1) Apply Plavix filter
- Premarin (1) Apply Premarin filter
- Provera (1) Apply Provera filter
- Risperdal Consta (1) Apply Risperdal Consta filter
- Valium (1) Apply Valium filter
- Xanax (1) Apply Xanax filter