When Cancer Rxs Team Up
Sometimes it takes two. Two breast cancer medications, that is.
Don't Miss Out — Rx Can Strengthen Men's Bones
Androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) for men with prostate cancer might make their bones weak. Fortunately, a common medication can make them strong again — if patients can get a prescription.
Medicines to Prevent Osteoporosis Fractures Were Effective
The risk of broken bones increases with age and is a major cause of disability and death in older people. But some treatments may prevent bone fractures.
Rx to Prevent Bone Loss May Have Other Benefits
Bisphosphonates are a class of medications commonly used to prevent bone loss and osteoporosis. Now, it seems these medications might have an additional benefit: protection against certain cancers.
A Med for Denser Bones in Crohn’s Patients
Fractures and weak bones are common in patients with Crohn’s disease. So researchers recently set out to find out what happens when these patients take bone-protecting medicines early on.
Not Everyone Needs A Bone Density Scan
Detection of osteoporosis is important for treating and preventing bone fractures. But when it comes to bone density testing for osteoporosis, more isn’t always better.
Don't Fear the Fracture
Past studies have raised concerns that a type of osteoporosis drug may boost the risk of unusual bone fractures. Now research suggests this risk may be overstated.
The Bone Rx - Cancer Link
A class of drugs known as bisphosphonates has received some bad press lately. These drugs, used to strengthen bones and treat bone metastasis, are linked with a number of health conditions. The association with cancer has expanded.
Breaking News on Bone Drugs
They're designed to strengthen bones. This class of drugs known as bisphosphorates is also prescribed to cancer patients to treat excessive calcium in the blood. These drugs can actually increase the risks of unusual bone fractures.
No Bone Drug Better Than Another
Multiple myeloma is a cancer of the blood cells. It grows in the bone marrow, and can cause long bones like the thigh bone (femur) and bones in the spine to break. Drug therapy with a class of drugs can help to prevent these fractures.
- (-) Remove Actonel filter Actonel
- Boniva (11) Apply Boniva filter
- Fosamax (10) Apply Fosamax filter
- Reclast (5) Apply Reclast filter
- Atelvia (3) Apply Atelvia filter
- Fosamax Plus D (2) Apply Fosamax Plus D filter
- Zometa (2) Apply Zometa filter
- Abilify (1) Apply Abilify filter
- Aciphex (1) Apply Aciphex filter
- Actoplus (1) Apply Actoplus filter
- Actos (1) Apply Actos filter
- Adderall (1) Apply Adderall filter
- Advair (1) Apply Advair filter
- Aredia (1) Apply Aredia filter
- Arimidex (1) Apply Arimidex filter
- Aromasin (1) Apply Aromasin filter
- Femara (1) Apply Femara filter
- Forteo (1) Apply Forteo filter
- Prolia (1) Apply Prolia filter
- Tamoxifen (1) Apply Tamoxifen filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (8) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Cancer (6) Apply Cancer filter
- Uterine Cancer (2) Apply Uterine Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (1) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Esophageal Cancer (1) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Female Cancer (1) Apply Female Cancer filter
- Male Cancer (1) Apply Male Cancer filter
- Ovarian Cancer (1) Apply Ovarian Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (1) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Hematology (1) Apply Hematology filter
- Mental Health (1) Apply Mental Health filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter