Antibody Injection Drops Cholesterol
For patients with stubborn cholesterol that is not easily lowered with statins or traditional care, an experimental injection of antibodies may do the trick. It has been found to offer a substantial cholesterol improvement.
Merck Cholesterol Drug Delayed
Drugmaker Merck & Co. announced Monday that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) did not approve its investigational combination cholesterol-lowering drug.
Take a Liver Test Before Taking Statin Drugs
U.S. Food and Drug Administration officials have announced they will no longer recommend regular liver enzyme testing for patients taking one of several popular cholesterol-lowering drugs such as Lipitor ( atorvastatin ).
Here Comes Generic Lipitor
Pharmaceutical company Pfizer loses patent rights to its popular cholesterol lowering medication Lipitor ( atorvastatin calcium) this week. The news means patients will be able to begin purchasing a less-expensive generic version by Thursday.
Experimental Cholesterol Drug Shows Promise
Eli Lily's experimental drug evacetrapib has been shown to raise good cholesterol levels while also decreasing bad cholesterol. It also successfully lowered triglyceride levels.
Reverse Artery Plaque With Medications
Large doses of common cholesterol-lowering medications appear to reverse coronary artery disease by reducing the amount of plaque in clogged arteries.
Cholesterol Drug Assessment 2.0
Doctors generally monitor how well cholesterol lowering drugs are working through simple blood tests. A high tech method that uses MRI scanning may let them peek inside the arteries to evaluate drug effectiveness.
Statin Not a One Trick Pony
Ever since the lovable Dorothy Hamill skated into a commercial promoting atorvastatin (Lipitor) in the early 2000s, the drug has been known for its remarkable abilities to lower cholesterol.
Pfizer Ponders OTC Lipitor
Drug maker Pfizer is contemplating an over-the-counter version of its cholesterol drug Lipitor, The Wall Street Journal has reported, citing sources familiar with the effort.
Cholesterol Drugs May Prevent Strokes
Strokes are tough to predict, much less prevent. Cholesterol lowering drugs known as statins may be effective in preventing a second stroke among younger people.
- (-) Remove Lipitor filter Lipitor
- Crestor (28) Apply Crestor filter
- Zocor (23) Apply Zocor filter
- Pravachol (13) Apply Pravachol filter
- Lescol (8) Apply Lescol filter
- Vytorin (5) Apply Vytorin filter
- Lescol XL (4) Apply Lescol XL filter
- Zetia (2) Apply Zetia filter
- Caduet (1) Apply Caduet filter
- Cialis (1) Apply Cialis filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Glucophage (1) Apply Glucophage filter
- Glucophage XR (1) Apply Glucophage XR filter
- Hyzaar (1) Apply Hyzaar filter
- Januvia (1) Apply Januvia filter
- Levitra (1) Apply Levitra filter
- Liptruzet (1) Apply Liptruzet filter
- Niaspan (1) Apply Niaspan filter
- Plavix (1) Apply Plavix filter
- Simvastatin (1) Apply Simvastatin filter
- Viagra (1) Apply Viagra filter
- Welchol (1) Apply Welchol filter
- (-) Remove Cardiovascular filter Cardiovascular
- Diabetes (9) Apply Diabetes filter
- Patient Safety Education (4) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Mental Health (3) Apply Mental Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (3) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Mens Health (2) Apply Mens Health filter
- Cancer (1) Apply Cancer filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Infectious Disease (1) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Low Testosterone (1) Apply Low Testosterone filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter