Statin and Antibody Combo Lowered Very High Cholesterol
For many patients, statins have been an effective therapy for reducing high levels of cholesterol. For some with very high cholesterol, statins may not be enough.
Many Not Getting Statins When They May Benefit
People take statin medications to fight high cholesterol. While these medications also may help those with high heart risks but not high cholesterol, statins are not always prescribed to those patients.
Statin Users May Be Packing on the Pounds
Statins, the popular cholesterol-lowering medications, may be lulling people into a false sense of security. Statin users seem to be less concerned about overeating and gaining weight.
Cholesterol Rx May Give Men's Love Life a Lift
For older men with narrowing of arteries or other heart health risk factors, statins may be prescribed to lower cholesterol. The medication may add an unexpected boost in the bedroom as well.
Cholesterol Rx Users Drop Weight and Diabetes Risk
Research has shown that popular cholesterol-lowering medications may increase the chances of developing type 2 diabetes. Weight control, however, may keep the diabetes away.
Statins Alone Aren't the Only Option for High Cholesterol
When unhealthy cholesterol hits very high levels, patients might take a statin medication to help reduce those levels. For those who don’t respond well to this treatment, a lower-intensity statin with another medication may help.
Benefits of Cholesterol Rx Outweighed Diabetes Risk
Deciding how to treat a condition like high cholesterol can be tough, especially when some treatment options have been tied to an increased risk of other health problems.
Statins Didn't Alter the Mind
There has been some uncertainty about statins potentially causing mental confusion and impairment. Researchers have looked at the relationship again.
Cholesterol Meds May Lower Cancer Deaths
Cholesterol lowering medications called statins are among the most commonly prescribed medicines in the US. New research is suggesting these medications may lower more than cholesterol in prostate cancer patients.
Heart Meds and Healthy Minds
Statins, a type of medication used to lower cholesterol, recently underwent some label changes. This caused some confusion about a potential association with cognition problems, including short-term memory loss.
- (-) Remove Lipitor filter Lipitor
- Crestor (28) Apply Crestor filter
- Zocor (23) Apply Zocor filter
- Pravachol (13) Apply Pravachol filter
- Lescol (8) Apply Lescol filter
- Vytorin (5) Apply Vytorin filter
- Lescol XL (4) Apply Lescol XL filter
- Zetia (2) Apply Zetia filter
- Caduet (1) Apply Caduet filter
- Cialis (1) Apply Cialis filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Glucophage (1) Apply Glucophage filter
- Glucophage XR (1) Apply Glucophage XR filter
- Hyzaar (1) Apply Hyzaar filter
- Januvia (1) Apply Januvia filter
- Levitra (1) Apply Levitra filter
- Liptruzet (1) Apply Liptruzet filter
- Niaspan (1) Apply Niaspan filter
- Plavix (1) Apply Plavix filter
- Simvastatin (1) Apply Simvastatin filter
- Viagra (1) Apply Viagra filter
- Welchol (1) Apply Welchol filter
- (-) Remove Cardiovascular filter Cardiovascular
- Diabetes (9) Apply Diabetes filter
- Patient Safety Education (4) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Mental Health (3) Apply Mental Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (3) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Mens Health (2) Apply Mens Health filter
- Cancer (1) Apply Cancer filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Infectious Disease (1) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Low Testosterone (1) Apply Low Testosterone filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter