Benzo Abuse Appeared Uncommon
While certain medications can be valuable treatment options, they also may come with a risk of dependence and abuse. A recent study looked at the risks related to a type of medication used to treat anxiety and insomnia.
Meth and Injection Drug Use Among Street-Involved Youth
Experimenting with illegal drugs can spiral into more dangerous choices and health consequences. Once kids start shooting up, they become at risk for serious diseases.
Early Bloomers Smoking and Drinking Before Peers
Puberty is an important milestone on the road to growing up. But hitting puberty early may lead some kids to try adult substances earlier than other kids.
Ice Pack For Freezing Surgical Pain
Lessening the pain that frequently follows major abdominal surgery is critical as patients begin their recovery. Strong, pain-relieving opioid medications typically are prescribed at the start of that healing process.
Bipolar Youth at Risk for Substance Abuse?
Bipolar disorder has been previously linked with substance abuse in adolescents. It's possible that certain symptoms or behaviors can help target youth before they develop a substance use disorder.
Bariatric Surgery and Post-Op Pain Meds
Obesity doesn't just lead to conditions that can cause issues over time; it can also bring about daily pain in the body. This pain, often in the joints or the back, may lead some obese people to rely on certain pain medications — a topic explored in a new study.
Visits to the ER for “Bath Salts”
The street drugs called “bath salts,” not to be confused with the relaxing bathtub product, may be more dangerous than people realize. These designer drugs have been sending folks to the ER.
Young Americans Making Better Choices
Using prescription medications for non-medical use has become a real problem in the US. Fortunately, young adults have been backing away from this type of abuse.
Too Many Teens Smoking, Drinking, Using
It’s not exactly a surprise to hear that some teens may drink, smoke or use drugs. But the sheer number of teens engaging in these behaviors may be a bit of a shock.
Mental Illness Slowed Flow of Productive Juices
Mental illness and substance abuse can keep people from being able to work. Better treatment services may help boost productivity among persons with a mental health disorder.
- OxyContin (16) Apply OxyContin filter
- Vicodin (10) Apply Vicodin filter
- Xanax (4) Apply Xanax filter
- Valium (3) Apply Valium filter
- Adderall (2) Apply Adderall filter
- Butrans (2) Apply Butrans filter
- Klonopin (2) Apply Klonopin filter
- Suboxone (2) Apply Suboxone filter
- Topamax (2) Apply Topamax filter
- Abilify (1) Apply Abilify filter
- Ambien (1) Apply Ambien filter
- Bydureon (1) Apply Bydureon filter
- Byetta (1) Apply Byetta filter
- Concerta (1) Apply Concerta filter
- Prozac (1) Apply Prozac filter
- Revia (1) Apply Revia filter
- Ritalin (1) Apply Ritalin filter
- Trazodone (1) Apply Trazodone filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- (-) Remove Addictions filter Addictions
- Depression (18) Apply Depression filter
- Anxiety Disorders (15) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Emotional Health (11) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Bipolar Disorder (9) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Suicide Prevention (9) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Child Disorders (8) Apply Child Disorders filter
- Stress (8) Apply Stress filter
- Violence Prevention (8) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (6) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Schizophrenia (6) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Eating Disorders (5) Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder (3) Apply Attention Deficit Disorder filter
- Sleep Disorders (2) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (2) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (1) Apply Autism Spectrum Disorders filter
- Borderline Personality Disorder (1) Apply Borderline Personality Disorder filter
- Patient Safety Education (41) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Pediatrics (30) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (16) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (14) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (9) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Womens Health (8) Apply Womens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (6) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Cardiovascular (5) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Healthy Home (4) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Mens Health (4) Apply Mens Health filter
- Gastrointestinal (2) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Trauma (2) Apply Trauma filter
- Cancer (1) Apply Cancer filter
- Diabetes (1) Apply Diabetes filter
- Exercise (1) Apply Exercise filter
- Hematology (1) Apply Hematology filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health