This Vaccine Played No Part in Autism Risk
The cause of autism remains a mystery, but new evidence may rule out one possible cause — bringing researchers closer to understanding this disorder.
HPV Vaccine: Maybe Not Just for Girls
Girls may receive the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine to help prevent later cervical cancer. In boys, the vaccine may be important in protecting against another rapidly growing cancer threat.
What's Likely Behind the Disneyland Measles Outbreak
Disneyland, “The Happiest Place on Earth,” became ground zero for a measles outbreak last December, and some experts say they know the cause.
Measles Keeps Moving
As more and more patients are diagnosed, measles is quickly reaching the forefront of the public's health concerns.
Breathe Easy, Parents: Vaccine Not Tied to More STDs
Some parents have raised concerns that vaccinating young girls against HPV, a sexually transmitted illness, might lead to more unsafe sexual activity in these girls. New evidence, however, suggests that's not the case — and the vaccine could prevent serious health problems.
Many Adults Skipping Their Shots
Despite health officials' efforts to raise public awareness about the potential health benefits of vaccines, many adults aren't going in to get their shots.
Vaccination Organization: New Schedule Released
Parents don't want their kid stuck home sick from school, or worse, in the hospital. Sticking to the vaccine schedule may help keep children happy and healthy.
Experts Urge Parents to Vaccinate Kids for Measles
A group of US pediatricians has called for parents to get their children vaccinated for measles in response to an outbreak that began in Disneyland in California last December.
A Shot at Stopping Rotavirus
It's relatively new, but the rotavirus vaccine may be an effective way to stop the spread of rotavirus in kids.
This Vaccine May Shield Infants from Rare Disease
New parents want to keep their kids happy and healthy — and one vaccine might help them do just that.
- (-) Remove Pediatrics filter Pediatrics
- Infectious Disease (176) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Womens Health (48) Apply Womens Health filter
- Patient Safety Education (39) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Cancer (38) Apply Cancer filter
- Cervical Cancer (17) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Female Cancer (2) Apply Female Cancer filter
- Ovarian Cancer (2) Apply Ovarian Cancer filter
- Brain Cancer (1) Apply Brain Cancer filter
- Male Cancer (1) Apply Male Cancer filter
- Oral Cancer (1) Apply Oral Cancer filter
- Rectal Cancer (1) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Vulvar Cancer (1) Apply Vulvar Cancer filter
- Mens Health (30) Apply Mens Health filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (24) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Sexual Health (20) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Mental Health (10) Apply Mental Health filter
- Baby (9) Apply Baby filter
- Gastrointestinal (9) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (8) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Cardiovascular (5) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Allergies (4) Apply Allergies filter
- Rheumatic Disease (4) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Diabetes (2) Apply Diabetes filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (2) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Hematology (2) Apply Hematology filter
- Dermatology (1) Apply Dermatology filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Pulmonary Disease (1) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (1) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter