Statins Alone Aren't the Only Option for High Cholesterol
When unhealthy cholesterol hits very high levels, patients might take a statin medication to help reduce those levels. For those who don’t respond well to this treatment, a lower-intensity statin with another medication may help.
Benefits of Cholesterol Rx Outweighed Diabetes Risk
Deciding how to treat a condition like high cholesterol can be tough, especially when some treatment options have been tied to an increased risk of other health problems.
Statins Didn't Alter the Mind
There has been some uncertainty about statins potentially causing mental confusion and impairment. Researchers have looked at the relationship again.
Cholesterol Meds May Lower Cancer Deaths
Cholesterol lowering medications called statins are among the most commonly prescribed medicines in the US. New research is suggesting these medications may lower more than cholesterol in prostate cancer patients.
Heart Meds and Healthy Minds
Statins, a type of medication used to lower cholesterol, recently underwent some label changes. This caused some confusion about a potential association with cognition problems, including short-term memory loss.
Cholesterol Rx May Benefit Bypass Surgery
To reduce “bad” cholesterol, patients commonly take medications called statins. Receiving this treatment before bypass surgery may reduce the risk of post-surgery complications.
Cutting Amputation Risk with Statins
Patients with diabetes are at an increased risk of amputation (surgical removal of limb), heart disease and death, so the right treatment is critical.
Cholesterol Rx Good For Joints Too
Osteoarthritis and high cholesterol may seem like totally unrelated conditions. But as it turns out, the same medicines that lower cholesterol may also help prevent osteoarthritis.
Statins Reduce More Than Cholesterol
Statins are effective and popular cholesterol-lowering medications. But they also have some possible side effects, including memory loss and high blood sugar. Now lower testosterone may join the list.
New Safety Concern for Cholesterol Meds
Some medications used to treat high cholesterol, like Lipitor or Caduet , were linked to some cases of myopathy , a muscle wasting disease.
- (-) Remove Crestor filter Crestor
- Lipitor (33) Apply Lipitor filter
- Zocor (25) Apply Zocor filter
- Pravachol (14) Apply Pravachol filter
- Lescol (8) Apply Lescol filter
- Vytorin (5) Apply Vytorin filter
- Lescol XL (3) Apply Lescol XL filter
- Caduet (1) Apply Caduet filter
- Cialis (1) Apply Cialis filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Glucophage (1) Apply Glucophage filter
- Glucophage XR (1) Apply Glucophage XR filter
- Hyzaar (1) Apply Hyzaar filter
- Levitra (1) Apply Levitra filter
- Liptruzet (1) Apply Liptruzet filter
- Plavix (1) Apply Plavix filter
- Simvastatin (1) Apply Simvastatin filter
- Tricor (1) Apply Tricor filter
- Viagra (1) Apply Viagra filter
- Zetia (1) Apply Zetia filter
- (-) Remove Cardiovascular filter Cardiovascular
- Diabetes (6) Apply Diabetes filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (4) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (4) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Mental Health (3) Apply Mental Health filter
- Mens Health (2) Apply Mens Health filter
- Cancer (1) Apply Cancer filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Low Testosterone (1) Apply Low Testosterone filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter