Cholesterol Rx Didn't Improve Bone Health
Some medications help patients in several ways — such as how an aspirin for a fever may also lower heart attack risk — but that isn't always the case. A medication for cholesterol once thought to improve bone health probably doesn't do so, a new study found.
Rx Could Cut Diabetes Complications
A first-of-its-kind study examined the potential relationship between taking statins, prescription medicines that treat high cholesterol, and diabetes complications like vision loss and kidney damage.
Mayo Clinic Updates Cholesterol Guidelines
The Mayo Clinic recently assembled a task force to update existing cholesterol guidelines.
Cholesterol Rx May Be Lifesaver for Diabetes Patients
For those with Type 2 diabetes, heart disease is a major cause of death. Cholesterol-cutting statins, however, may help fight heart disease and prolong lives.
Debate Over Cholesterol Guidelines for Diabetes Patients
Last year, new guidelines on treating high cholesterol placed a focus on overall risk instead of specific cholesterol levels. Those recommendations set off a debate in the medical community. The controversy rages on.
Cholesterol Rx May Cut Physical Activity
As people age, exercise is important for maintaining good health, including healthy cholesterol levels. Sometimes, though, medications are needed to cut cholesterol. Unfortunately, treatment with these medications might have an unintended consequence.
Statin and Antibody Combo Lowered Very High Cholesterol
For many patients, statins have been an effective therapy for reducing high levels of cholesterol. For some with very high cholesterol, statins may not be enough.
Many Not Getting Statins When They May Benefit
People take statin medications to fight high cholesterol. While these medications also may help those with high heart risks but not high cholesterol, statins are not always prescribed to those patients.
Statin Users May Be Packing on the Pounds
Statins, the popular cholesterol-lowering medications, may be lulling people into a false sense of security. Statin users seem to be less concerned about overeating and gaining weight.
Cholesterol Rx May Give Men's Love Life a Lift
For older men with narrowing of arteries or other heart health risk factors, statins may be prescribed to lower cholesterol. The medication may add an unexpected boost in the bedroom as well.
- (-) Remove Crestor filter Crestor
- Lipitor (33) Apply Lipitor filter
- Zocor (25) Apply Zocor filter
- Pravachol (14) Apply Pravachol filter
- Lescol (8) Apply Lescol filter
- Vytorin (5) Apply Vytorin filter
- Lescol XL (3) Apply Lescol XL filter
- Caduet (1) Apply Caduet filter
- Cialis (1) Apply Cialis filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Glucophage (1) Apply Glucophage filter
- Glucophage XR (1) Apply Glucophage XR filter
- Hyzaar (1) Apply Hyzaar filter
- Levitra (1) Apply Levitra filter
- Liptruzet (1) Apply Liptruzet filter
- Plavix (1) Apply Plavix filter
- Simvastatin (1) Apply Simvastatin filter
- Tricor (1) Apply Tricor filter
- Viagra (1) Apply Viagra filter
- Zetia (1) Apply Zetia filter
- (-) Remove Cardiovascular filter Cardiovascular
- Diabetes (6) Apply Diabetes filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (4) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (4) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Mental Health (3) Apply Mental Health filter
- Mens Health (2) Apply Mens Health filter
- Cancer (1) Apply Cancer filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Low Testosterone (1) Apply Low Testosterone filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter