Patient Ratings for Timolol
How was your experience with Timolol?
Timolol Cautionary Labels
Uses of Timolol
Timolol is used in the treatment of:
- Angina Pectoris
- Glaucoma, Open-Angle
- Myocardial Infarction
Timolol is used in the prevention of:
- Heart Diseases
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Timolol Brand Names
Timolol Drug Class
Timolol is part of the drug class:
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your doctor if you take:
- ALLERGENIC EXTRACT, BEE/TIMOLOL
This is not a complete list of Timololdrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Timolol and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Timolol falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Timolol should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Timolol should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Take timolol exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Timolol dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Timolol is available in the following doses:
- Timolol 10 Mg Oral Tablet
- Timolol 20 Mg Oral Tablet
- Timolol 5 Mg Oral Tablet
- Timolol Compounding Powder
- Timolol Ophthalmic 0.25% Ophthalmic Gel Forming Solution
- Timolol Ophthalmic 0.25% Ophthalmic Solution
- Timolol Ophthalmic 0.5% Ophthalmic Gel Forming Solution
- Timolol Ophthalmic 0.5% Ophthalmic Solution
- Timolol Ophthalmic Hemihydrate 0.25% Ophthalmic Solution
- Timolol Ophthalmic Hemihydrate 0.5% Ophthalmic Solution
- Timolol Ophthalmic Long-acting, 0.5% Ophthalmic Solution
Forms of Medication
Timolol is available in the following forms:
- Ophthalmic Gel
- Ophthalmic Solution
- Oral Tablet