Patient Ratings for Ephedrine
How was your experience with Ephedrine?
Uses of Ephedrine
Ephedrine is used in the treatment of:
- Bronchial Spasm
- Hypotension, Orthostatic
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Ephedrine Brand Names
Ephedrine Drug Class
Ephedrine is part of the drug classes:
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your doctor if you take:
- EPHEDRINE/POTASSIUM BICARBONATE
- EPHEDRINE/POTASSIUM CITRATE
- EPHEDRINE/SODIUM ACETATE
- EPHEDRINE/SODIUM BICARBONATE
- EPHEDRINE/SODIUM CITRATE
- EPHEDRINE/SODIUM LACTATE
This is not a complete list of Ephedrinedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Ephedrine and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Ephedrine falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Ephedrine should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Ephedrine should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Take ephedrine exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Ephedrine dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Ephedrine is available in the following doses:
- Ephedrine 100 Mg/10 Ml-nacl 0.9% Intravenous Solution
- Ephedrine 25 Mg Oral Capsule
- Ephedrine 25 Mg/5 Ml-nacl 0.9% Intravenous Solution
- Ephedrine 25 Mg/ml Injectable Solution
- Ephedrine 5 Mg/ml-nacl 0.9% Intravenous Solution
- Ephedrine 50 Mg Oral Capsule
- Ephedrine 50 Mg/10 Ml-nacl 0.9% Intravenous Solution
- Ephedrine 50 Mg/5 Ml-nacl 0.9% Intravenous Solution
- Ephedrine 50 Mg/ml Injectable Solution
- Ephedrine Hydrochloride Compounding Powder
- Ephedrine Sulfate Compounding Powder
Forms of Medication
Ephedrine is available in the following forms:
- Injectable Solution
- Nasal Solution
- Oral Capsule
- Oral Solution
- Oral Suspension
- Oral Tablet
- Prefilled Syringe