Crohns DiseaseInfo Center
New Drug for Kids With Crohn's
Treatments that do exist for Crohn's disease (CD) don't always work for everyone, kids included. But a new remedy helping adults with their stomach issues may work for children. Is it safe for the little ones?
The Bugs That Cause the Stomach Bug
Thousands of teeny tiny microbes live in your stomach and body on a regular basis. But too much of certain unseen bugs could mean the start of long-term stomach problems.
Upping the Dose in Crohn's Treatments
Easing the discomfort with Crohn's disease remains a difficult task. Though the troubles could be swayed with two medicines, the effects are temporary.
New Drug for Crohn's Patients
Maybe this is the end of long-term stomach aches and pains, at least for patients with Crohn's disease who don't respond to the common treatment.
A Safe Tummy Test
It can take a lot of poking, cash and time to find out what that stomach problem is. For kids, it can be even more difficult to deal with the prodding.
Smoke Damage Hits Low and Long
Damage from smoking can creep below our lungs. Our stomachs can hurt, the pain can spread into the colon, and the pain can stay even if we quit.
Affected On the Out and In
What happens on the outside can affect us on the inside. And it happens both ways, specifically among patients with psoriasis and inflammatory bowel diseases.
When Sticks And Stones Can Break Your Bones
Loss of bone mass with age is normal but can be dangerous if it occurs too quickly or prematurely. Low bone mass results in weak bones that have a higher chance of fracture.
Kids with Crohn’s Have New Exam Option
Concerns about radiation exposure to children with stomach trouble is a thing of the past. More options are available to examine children with inflammatory bowel syndrome or Crohn disease.
Radiating Health with Digestive Issues?
For people suffering from digestive disorders, medical testing and scans can become a regular practice as doctors attempt to evaluate and diagnose the nature of their problems.
- Humira (7) Apply Humira filter
- Remicade (7) Apply Remicade filter
- Imuran (4) Apply Imuran filter
- Cimzia (2) Apply Cimzia filter
- Enbrel (2) Apply Enbrel filter
- Purinethol (2) Apply Purinethol filter
- Accutane (1) Apply Accutane filter
- Actonel (1) Apply Actonel filter
- Amnesteem (1) Apply Amnesteem filter
- Asacol (1) Apply Asacol filter
- Atelvia (1) Apply Atelvia filter
- Claravis (1) Apply Claravis filter
- Methotrexate (1) Apply Methotrexate filter
- OxyContin (1) Apply OxyContin filter
- Simponi (1) Apply Simponi filter
- Thalomid (1) Apply Thalomid filter