Lower Blood Pressure May Not Mean Lower Risk
The increased risk of heart problems in patients with elevated blood pressure is well-established. But lower blood pressure may not decrease the risk of stroke, heart attack and other complications.
Cholesterol Rx May Be Lifesaver for Diabetes Patients
For those with Type 2 diabetes, heart disease is a major cause of death. Cholesterol-cutting statins, however, may help fight heart disease and prolong lives.
Not Too Late for Young Adults to Lower Heart Disease Risk
Healthy living is marked by things like not smoking or drinking too much, eating right and exercising. If you haven't done those things by young adulthood, has the damage already been done?
Carotid Artery Stenosis Screening Not Recommended for All
Screening can detect certain diseases in the early stages, possibly increasing the chances of successful treatment. However, in some cases, screening a whole population can lead to more harm than good.
Advances Help Diagnose Women’s Heart Disease
While heart disease affects both sexes, testing for it originally developed according to symptoms in men. Research has now recognized gender differences that may help prevent and treat the condition.
Big but Fit? Don’t Count on It
Although obesity is linked to heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes, some heavy people seem immune. Those considered “healthy” obese, however, may face health troubles down the line.
Delaying Anti-Clotting Rx Risks Stent Patients' Lives
Typically, a patient who receives a stent to open a clogged blood vessel will be prescribed an anti-clotting medication. Taking these prescriptions as directed can be a lifesaver.
Chest Scans May Spot Signs of Heart Disease
Chest CT scans are a type of x-ray often used to investigate lung symptoms, such as shortness of breath or chest pain. They may also be a good way to detect signs of heart disease.
Weight Loss Always Counts for Heart Health
Even after losing weight, many people end up gaining it back later. Does that time spent at a lower weight still come with health benefits?
Statin and Antibody Combo Lowered Very High Cholesterol
For many patients, statins have been an effective therapy for reducing high levels of cholesterol. For some with very high cholesterol, statins may not be enough.
- Lipitor (6) Apply Lipitor filter
- Crestor (5) Apply Crestor filter
- Zocor (4) Apply Zocor filter
- Lescol (3) Apply Lescol filter
- Plavix (3) Apply Plavix filter
- Pravachol (3) Apply Pravachol filter
- Humira (2) Apply Humira filter
- Remicade (2) Apply Remicade filter
- Avapro (1) Apply Avapro filter
- Byetta (1) Apply Byetta filter
- Cimzia (1) Apply Cimzia filter
- Enbrel (1) Apply Enbrel filter
- Glucophage (1) Apply Glucophage filter
- Glucophage XR (1) Apply Glucophage XR filter
- Lescol XL (1) Apply Lescol XL filter
- Metformin (1) Apply Metformin filter
- Simponi (1) Apply Simponi filter
- Tekturna (1) Apply Tekturna filter
- Viagra (1) Apply Viagra filter