Alzheimers DiseaseInfo Center
How Much do Dementia Treatments Help?
Treatments for dementia target symptoms. Many help improve memory and thinking. But does improving symptoms lead to better quality of life?
Women’s Heart Problems Linked to MCI
Heart disease has been linked to risk for dementia. But it is not clear which types of dementia are related to heart problems.
Memantine Doesn’t Work for all Dementias
Medications for Alzheimer’s disease are sometimes used to treat other types of dementia, like frontotemporal lobar degeneration (FTLD). But they may not be all that helpful.
Alzheimer's Now Linked to Diabetes
From your head to your toes, diabetes can affect many aspects of your health. This common condition may even harm your ability to think and process information.
"Dear Abby" Columnist Passes Away
She was the mother/sister/grandmother/aunt/best friend that millions relied on for advice. Now dear "Abigail Van Buren," whose real name was Pauline Phillips, has died.
Surgical Menopause Treatment Options
The average age for natural menopause (a woman's last period) is 51. But some women experience menopause earlier, whether naturally or because of surgery.
New MRI Method for Diagnosing Dementia
A test called a spinal tap can test for markers of Alzheimer’s disease (AD). The markers can help doctors tell if dementia is AD or not. An MRI may offer a less invasive way to look at markers.
Beta Blockers May Protect the Brain
High blood pressure has been linked to higher risk of dementia. Using certain high blood pressure drugs may protect the brain from damage.
More Grim News for Gridiron?
Football has always been a dangerous game. Now researchers are learning more about the long-term effects professional players may be experiencing from career-related head injuries.
Caregivers Take on the Alzheimer’s Patch
Caregivers of people with Alzheimer’s disease (AD) may have a lot to manage. Can skin patches that deliver drugs save time, energy and improve quality of life for caregivers?
- Aricept (7) Apply Aricept filter
- Exelon (4) Apply Exelon filter
- Namenda (4) Apply Namenda filter
- Ativan (1) Apply Ativan filter
- Celexa (1) Apply Celexa filter
- Citalopram (1) Apply Citalopram filter
- Crestor (1) Apply Crestor filter
- Depakote (1) Apply Depakote filter
- Keppra (1) Apply Keppra filter
- Klonopin (1) Apply Klonopin filter
- Lipitor (1) Apply Lipitor filter
- Risperdal Consta (1) Apply Risperdal Consta filter
- Valium (1) Apply Valium filter
- Xanax (1) Apply Xanax filter
- Zocor (1) Apply Zocor filter