Patient Ratings for Citric Acid
How was your experience with Citric Acid?
Uses of Citric Acid
Citric Acid is used in the treatment of:
- Acidosis, Renal Tubular
- Urination Disorders
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Citric Acid Brand Names
Citric Acid may be found in some form under the following brand names:
Citric Acid Drug Class
Citric Acid is part of the drug class:
Citric Acid Interactions
This is not a complete list of Citric Aciddrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Citric Acid and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Citric Acid falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Citric Acid should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Citric Acid should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Citric Acid Dosage
Take citric acid exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Citric Acid dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Citric Acid is available in the following doses:
- Aspirin/citric Acid/sodium Bicarbonate 325 Mg-1 G-1.9 G Oral Tablet, Effervescent
- Aspirin/citric Acid/sodium Bicarbonate 500 Mg-1 G-1.9 G Oral Tablet, Effervescent
- Citric Acid Anhydrous Compounding Powder
- Citric Acid Monohydrate Compounding Powder
- Citric Acid-potassium Citrate 30 Meq Oral Powder For Reconstitution
- Citric Acid-sodium Citrate 640 Mg-490 Mg/5 Ml Oral Solution
- Citric Acid/gluconodelta-lactone/mg Carbonate Irrigation Powder For Reconstitution
- Citric Acid/gluconodelta-lactone/mg Carbonate Irrigation Solution
- Citric Acid/mg Oxide/na Picosulfate 12 G-3.5 G-10 Mg Oral Powder For Reconstitution
- Citric Acid/simethicone/sodium Bicarbonate 1.53 G-0.04 G-2.21g/4 G Oral Granule, Effervescent
- Physiological Irrigating Solution Urologic G Irrigation Solution
- Potassium Bicarbonate-sodium Bicarbonate Oral Tablet, Effervescent
Forms of Medication
Citric Acid is available in the following forms:
- Injectable Solution
- Irrigation Solution
- Oral Solution
- Topical Spray