Guidelines Excluded Some from Lung Cancer Screening
The number of people in the US who smoke is on the decline, and those who do smoke may be doing so for shorter periods of time. Changed smoking patterns, however, may be causing some patients at risk for lung cancer to miss out on cancer screening.
This Rx Helped Smokers Ease into Quitting
Quitting cold turkey works for some smokers, but others struggle with stopping all at once. It's not easy for most smokers, but there's a medication that might help some ease into quitting.
Smoking May Be Even Riskier Than Once Thought
Smokers, it’s never too late to quit — and there may now be even more good reasons to do so.
Healthy Valentine’s Day for a Healthy Heart
Valentine’s Day — a day of chocolates, romantic dinners and loving hearts. Why can't it also be a day to focus on heart health?
Another Reason to Quit: Smoking and Back Pain
Of all the parts of the body smoking can damage, the back doesn't seem like it would be one of them. Many smokers with lower back arthritis, however, may beg to differ. Smokers with this condition may not respond as well to treatment as nonsmokers.
Why Colorectal Cancer Survivors Shouldn't Smoke
Patients who have survived colorectal cancer have been through a lot. And they may go through more if they keep lighting up.
Kicking Cancer by Kicking the Habit
Quitting smoking may benefit more than just the lungs of prostate cancer patients. It may improve the course of their treatment.
4 Steps to Help Prevent Birth Defects
Pregnant women can decrease the chances of birth defects by following four healthy strategies.
Even Lighting Up Occasionally May Spark Health Concerns
Teens may have a tendency to think they're bulletproof, but even an occasional cigarette can be harmful to their health.
The Healing Power of Quitting Smoking
One more entry on the list of reasons to quit smoking: quitting may help your body heal its wounds. Many doctors, however, may not be talking about this benefit with their patients who smoke.
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- (-) Remove Addictions filter Addictions
- Depression (7) Apply Depression filter
- Stress (6) Apply Stress filter
- Anxiety Disorders (5) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Schizophrenia (2) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder (1) Apply Attention Deficit Disorder filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (1) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (1) Apply Autism Spectrum Disorders filter
- Sleep Disorders (1) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Suicide Prevention (1) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (1) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- Violence Prevention (1) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Cardiovascular (47) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Stroke (13) Apply Stroke filter
- Heart Attack (11) Apply Heart Attack filter
- Hypertension (10) Apply Hypertension filter
- High Cholesterol (5) Apply High Cholesterol filter
- Congestive Heart Failure (4) Apply Congestive Heart Failure filter
- Atherosclerosis (1) Apply Atherosclerosis filter
- Atrial Fibrillation (1) Apply Atrial Fibrillation filter
- Cancer (40) Apply Cancer filter
- Lung Cancer (21) Apply Lung Cancer filter
- Colon Cancer (3) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (3) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Bladder Cancer (2) Apply Bladder Cancer filter
- Esophageal Cancer (2) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Liver Cancer (2) Apply Liver Cancer filter
- Rectal Cancer (2) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (1) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Cervical Cancer (1) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Kidney Cancer (1) Apply Kidney Cancer filter
- Pancreatic Cancer (1) Apply Pancreatic Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (1) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (1) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (26) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Patient Safety Education (25) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Pediatrics (25) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Womens Health (22) Apply Womens Health filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (18) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Mens Health (14) Apply Mens Health filter
- Pulmonary Disease (14) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Infectious Disease (10) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (10) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Back Pain (5) Apply Back Pain filter
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (1) Apply Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis filter
- Chronic Pain Conditions (1) Apply Chronic Pain Conditions filter
- Joint Replacement (1) Apply Joint Replacement filter
- Multiple Sclerosis (1) Apply Multiple Sclerosis filter
- Osteoporosis (1) Apply Osteoporosis filter
- Diabetes (9) Apply Diabetes filter
- Exercise (9) Apply Exercise filter
- Healthy Home (8) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Rheumatic Disease (8) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (5) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Eye Disease (4) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Kidney Disease (4) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Baby (3) Apply Baby filter
- Hematology (1) Apply Hematology filter
- Incontinence (1) Apply Incontinence filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Trauma (1) Apply Trauma filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health