Heart Transplant Patients Have Higher Skin Cancer Risk
Those receiving heart transplants expect there will be numerous risks from the procedure itself to infections following the operation. There may be additional, unexpected disease risks though, according to a new study.
Deadly Disordered Pair
Scientists are linking more and more diseases together - autism and epilespy, gum disease and heart disease, type 1 diabetes and celiac disease. New evidence suggests another pairing.
Beyond the Sunscreen
Sunscreen seems like the obvious answer for protecting your skin from the scorching summer heat. It's easy, effective and widely known that it can help prevent sunburn, skin cancer, premature aging and wrinkles.
Benefits of Calcium and Vitamin D
Calcium and vitamin D are essential nutrients for bone health, but researchers have now found another plus for this duo. The combination of calcium and vitamin D may reduce the risk of skin cancer.
How to Practice Safe Sun
While the healthy glow of a suntan looks good - even sexy - doctors say to beware - be aware. The sun is powerful and potentially dangerous. So protect yourself with safe sun practices.
A Whiter Shade of Pale
With the temperatures heating up, so does the desire to spend time outdoors soaking up the rays. With talk about irreversible skin damage, including cancer and premature aging, most of us have made more of an effort to protect our skin from the sun's harsh rays.
Parkinson's and Melanoma
Michael J. Fox Foundation has an urgent mission to raise money, find a cure and provide support for Parkinson's disease patients. It's as if the foundation has taken on Michael's philosophy in life.
Skin Cancer Vaccine in the Works
Currently, available vaccines include measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox, hepatitis A and B, influenza and meningitis. Vaccines have successfully minimized existence of these infectious diseases.
Treating Deadly Skin Cancer
Exciting advances have been reported showing that two new drugs can increase the survival of patients with metastatic (spread to other parts of the body) melanoma, the most dangerous and deadliest form of skin cancer.
Double Strikes Against Melanoma
Right now, there are not a lot of effective treatments of melanoma, an advanced and usually deadly form of skin cancer. However, an ongoing study shows exciting progress.
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- (-) Remove Skin Cancer filter Skin Cancer
- Breast Cancer Female (6) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Lung Cancer (4) Apply Lung Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (4) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Pancreatic Cancer (3) Apply Pancreatic Cancer filter
- Colon Cancer (2) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Kidney Cancer (2) Apply Kidney Cancer filter
- Liver Cancer (2) Apply Liver Cancer filter
- Ovarian Cancer (2) Apply Ovarian Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (2) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- Brain Cancer (1) Apply Brain Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Male (1) Apply Breast Cancer Male filter
- Esophageal Cancer (1) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer (1) Apply Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer filter
- Rectal Cancer (1) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Patient Safety Education (13) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Dermatology (8) Apply Dermatology filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (5) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Mens Health (4) Apply Mens Health filter
- Eye Disease (3) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Womens Health (3) Apply Womens Health filter
- Hematology (2) Apply Hematology filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (2) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Cardiovascular (1) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (1) Apply Diabetes filter
- Healthy Home (1) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Mental Health (1) Apply Mental Health filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pediatrics (1) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer