Cutting Amputation Risk with Statins
Patients with diabetes are at an increased risk of amputation (surgical removal of limb), heart disease and death, so the right treatment is critical.
Rx to Stop Heart Disease Before it Starts
Preventing heart disease can be easier and less expensive than treating it. For people with high cholesterol, there are ways to prevent heart disease and keep those tickers healthy for years.
Cholesterol Rx Takes Care of Joints Too
A certain cholesterol-lowering medicine could knock two birds with one stone if patients' joints are hurting as well.
Statins Reduce More Than Cholesterol
Statins are effective and popular cholesterol-lowering medications. But they also have some possible side effects, including memory loss and high blood sugar. Now lower testosterone may join the list.
Generic Statins as Good as Brand Name
Statins are medications used for the treatment of high cholesterol. They come in many branded and generic forms. Does it matter which one a physician prescribes?
New Safety Concern for Cholesterol Meds
Some medications used to treat high cholesterol, like Lipitor or Caduet , were linked to some cases of myopathy , a muscle wasting disease.
RA Patients: Don't Quit Your Statins
When you stop taking a medication, your body can react poorly to the change. This may be the case for arthritis patients who stop taking a type of cholesterol-lowering drug.
Take a Liver Test Before Taking Statin Drugs
U.S. Food and Drug Administration officials have announced they will no longer recommend regular liver enzyme testing for patients taking one of several popular cholesterol-lowering drugs such as Lipitor ( atorvastatin ).
- (-) Remove Pravachol filter Pravachol
- Lipitor (16) Apply Lipitor filter
- Zocor (15) Apply Zocor filter
- Crestor (14) Apply Crestor filter
- Lescol (8) Apply Lescol filter
- Lescol XL (3) Apply Lescol XL filter
- Vytorin (2) Apply Vytorin filter
- Caduet (1) Apply Caduet filter
- Cialis (1) Apply Cialis filter
- Levitra (1) Apply Levitra filter
- Simvastatin (1) Apply Simvastatin filter
- Viagra (1) Apply Viagra filter
- (-) Remove Cardiovascular filter Cardiovascular
- Diabetes (3) Apply Diabetes filter
- Mens Health (2) Apply Mens Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (2) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (2) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Low Testosterone (1) Apply Low Testosterone filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter