How was your experience with Zinc Chloride?
Uses of Zinc Chloride
Zinc Chloride is used in the treatment of:
- Common Cold
- Skin Ulcer
- Wounds and Injuries
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Zinc Chloride Brand Names
Zinc Chloride may be found in some form under the following brand names:
Zinc Chloride Drug Class
Zinc Chloride is part of the drug class:
Zinc Chloride Interactions
This is not a complete list of Zinc Chloridedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Zinc Chloride and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Zinc Chloride falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Zinc Chloride should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Zinc Chloride should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Zinc Chloride Dosage
Take zinc chloride exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Zinc Chloride dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Zinc Chloride is available in the following doses:
- Benzocaine-zinc Chloride Topical 5%-0.1% Mucous Membrane Liquid
- Benzocaine-zinc Chloride Topical 5%-0.1% Mucous Membrane Spray
- Trace Elements 2 Mcg-0.2 Mg-0.16 Mg-0.8 Mg/ml Intravenous Solution
- Trace Elements With Selenium 2 Mcg-0.2 Mg-0.16 Mg-0.8 Mg/ml Intravenous Solution
- Zinc Chloride 1 Mg/ml Intravenous Solution
- Zinc Chloride Compounding Powder
Forms of Medication
Zinc Chloride is available in the following forms:
- Injectable Solution
- Mucosal Spray
- Mucous Membrane Topical Solution
- Oral Gel
- Oral Spray
- Prefilled Applicator