Purpose of Vicks 44
Vicks 44 Dry Cough Suppressant is an over-the-counter medication used to help control cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation due to the common cold.
dextromethorphan hydrogen bromide 30 mg
carboxymethylcellulose sodium, citric acid, FD&C Red No. 40, flavor, high fructose corn syrup, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate
Vicks 44 FDA Warning
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
Stop use and ask a doctor if your cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
Tamper evident: Do not use if printed shrinkband is missing or broken.
- Take only as recommended—see the overdose warning.
- Use dose cup or tablespoon (TBSP).
- Do not exceed 4 doses per 24 hours.
For adults and children 12 years and older, use 15 mL (1 TBSP) every 6 hours.
For children 4 to under 12 years, ask a doctor.
For children under 4 years, do NOT use.
Other Information About Vicks 44
- Each tablespoon contains sodium 26 mg.
- Store at room temperature.