How was your experience with Troleandomycin?
Uses of Troleandomycin
Troleandomycin is used in the treatment of:
- Campylobacter Infections
- Chlamydia Infections
- Legionnaires' Disease
- Mycoplasma Infections
- Staphylococcal Infections
- Streptococcal Infections
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Troleandomycin Brand Names
Troleandomycin may be found in some form under the following brand names:
Troleandomycin Drug Class
Troleandomycin is part of the drug class:
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your doctor if you take:
- ALPRAZOLAM/OLEANDOMYCIN (AS TROLEANDOMYCIN)
- AMINOPHYLLINE/OLEANDOMYCIN (AS TROLEANDOMYCIN)
- ASTEMIZOLE/OLEANDOMYCIN (AS TROLEANDOMYCIN)
- ATORVASTATIN CALCIUM/TROLEANDOMYCIN
- CARBAMAZEPINE/OLEANDOMYCIN (AS TROLEANDOMYCIN)
- CERIVASTATIN SODIUM/TROLEANDOMYCIN
- CILOSTAZOL/OLEANDOMYCIN (AS TROLEANDOMYCIN)
- CISAPRIDE/OLEANDOMYCIN (AS TROLEANDOMYCIN)
- CYCLOSPORINE/OLEANDOMYCIN (AS TROLEANDOMYCIN)
- DIAZEPAM/OLEANDOMYCIN (AS TROLEANDOMYCIN)
- ERGOT/OLEANDOMYCIN (AS TROLEANDOMYCIN)
- ERGOTAMINE TARTRATE/OLEANDOMYCIN (AS TROLEANDOMYCIN)
- MIDAZOLAM/OLEANDOMYCIN (AS TROLEANDOMYCIN)
- OLEANDOMYCIN (AS TROLEANDOMYCIN)/PIMOZIDE
- OLEANDOMYCIN (AS TROLEANDOMYCIN)/TERFENADINE
- OLEANDOMYCIN (AS TROLEANDOMYCIN)/THEOPHYLLINE
- OLEANDOMYCIN (AS TROLEANDOMYCIN)/TRIAZOLAM
- SILDENAFIL CITRATE/TROLEANDOMYCIN
This is not a complete list of Troleandomycindrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Troleandomycin and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Troleandomycin falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Troleandomycin should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Troleandomycin should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Take troleandomycin exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Troleandomycin dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Troleandomycin is available in the following doses:
- Troleandomycin 250 Mg Oral Capsule
Forms of Medication
Troleandomycin is available in the following forms:
- Oral Capsule
- Oral Suspension