Purpose of Tavist
Tavist is an over-the-counter medication used to temporarily treat the symptoms of the common cold, hay fever, and other respiratory allergies. Symptoms may include:
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
clemastine fumarate 1.34 mg (equivalent to 1 mg clemastine)
lactose, povidone, starch, stearic acid, talc
Tavist FDA Warning
Consult a physician before use if you have:
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate
Consult a physician before use if you are taking tranquilizers or sedatives.
When using Tavist:
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- drowsiness may occur
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
If pregnant or breastfeeding, consult a physician before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
For adults and children 12 years of age and older:
- take one tablet every 12 hours as needed
- do not take more than 2 tablets in 24 hours unless directed by a physician
For children under 12 years, talk to a physician.
Other Information About Tavist
- This is a sodium free product.
- Store at room temperature between 20-25°C (68-77°F).
Updated: June 26, 2013