How was your experience with Sodium Phosphate?
Uses of Sodium Phosphate
Sodium Phosphate is used in the prevention of:
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Sodium Phosphate Brand Names
Sodium Phosphate may be found in some form under the following brand names:
Sodium Phosphate Drug Class
Sodium Phosphate is part of the drug classes:
Sodium Phosphate Interactions
This is not a complete list of Sodium Phosphatedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Sodium Phosphate and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Sodium Phosphate falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Sodium Phosphate should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Sodium Phosphate should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Sodium Phosphate Dosage
Take sodium phosphate exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Sodium Phosphate dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Sodium Phosphate is available in the following doses:
- Bisacodyl/sodium Biphosphate/sodium Phosphate Oral And Rectal Kit
- Sodium Biphosphate-sodium Phosphate 1.5 G Oral Tablet
- Sodium Biphosphate-sodium Phosphate 18%-48% Oral Solution
- Sodium Biphosphate-sodium Phosphate 3.5 G-9.5 G Rectal Enema
- Sodium Biphosphate-sodium Phosphate 7 G-19 G Rectal Enema
- Sodium Phosphate 20 Mmol/250 Ml-nacl 0.9% Intravenous Solution
- Sodium Phosphate 3 Mmol/ml Injectable Solution
- Sodium Phosphate 30 Mmol/250 Ml-nacl 0.9% Intravenous Solution
- Sodium Phosphate Dibasic Compounding Powder
Forms of Medication
Sodium Phosphate is available in the following forms:
- Injectable Solution
- Ophthalmic Solution
- Oral Tablet