Ropivacaine is a local anesthetic that causes loss of feeling before and during surgery or labor and delivery. It does not cause loss of consciousness.
Patient Ratings for Ropivacaine
How was your experience with Ropivacaine?
Uses of Ropivacaine
Ropivacaine is used in the treatment of:
- Pain, Postoperative
Ropivacaine is used in the prevention of:
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Ropivacaine Brand Names
Ropivacaine may be found in some form under the following brand names:
Ropivacaine Drug Class
Ropivacaine is part of the drug class:
This is not a complete list of Ropivacainedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Ropivacaine and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Ropivacaine falls into category B:
There are no well-done studies that have been done in humans with Ropivacaine. But in animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication, and the babies did not show any medical issues related to this medication.
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given Ropivacaine, and some babies had problems. But in human studies, pregnant women were given this medication and their babies did not have any problems related to this medication.
Take ropivacaine exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Ropivacaine dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Ropivacaine is available in the following doses:
- Ropivacaine 0.1%-nacl 0.9% Injectable Solution
- Ropivacaine 0.15%-nacl 0.9% Injectable Solution
- Ropivacaine 0.2% Injectable Solution
- Ropivacaine 0.2%-nacl 0.9% Injectable Solution
- Ropivacaine 0.25%-nacl 0.9% Injectable Solution
- Ropivacaine 0.375%-nacl 0.9% Injectable Solution
- Ropivacaine 0.5% Injectable Solution
- Ropivacaine 0.5%-nacl 0.9% Injectable Solution
- Ropivacaine 0.6%-nacl 0.9% Injectable Solution
- Ropivacaine 0.75% Injectable Solution
- Ropivacaine 1% Injectable Solution
- Ropivacaine-sufentanil 0.2%-0.5 Mcg/ml-nacl 0.9% Injectable Solution
- Ropivacaine-sufentanil 0.2%-1 Mcg/ml-nacl 0.9% Injectable Solution
Forms of Medication
Ropivacaine is available in the following forms:
- Injectable Solution
- Prefilled Syringe