Patient Ratings for Phenylpropanolamine
How was your experience with Phenylpropanolamine?
Uses of Phenylpropanolamine
Phenylpropanolamine is used in the treatment of:
- Common Cold
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Phenylpropanolamine Brand Names
Phenylpropanolamine may be found in some form under the following brand names:
Phenylpropanolamine Drug Class
Phenylpropanolamine is part of the drug class:
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your doctor if you take:
This is not a complete list of Phenylpropanolaminedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Phenylpropanolamine and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Phenylpropanolamine falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Phenylpropanolamine should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Phenylpropanolamine should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Take phenylpropanolamine exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Phenylpropanolamine dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Phenylpropanolamine is available in the following doses:
- Apap/dextromethorphan/guaifenesin/ppa Oral Tablet
- Carbetapentane/pe/ppa/k Guaiacolsulfonate 20 Mg-10 Mg-10 Mg-45 Mg Oral Tablet
- Chlorpheniramine-phenylpropanolamine 4 Mg-37.5 Mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release
- Dextromethorphan/guaifenesin/ppa 30 Mg-600 Mg-37.5 Mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release
- Dextromethorphan/guaifenesin/ppa 60 Mg-1200 Mg-75 Mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release
- Phenylpropanolamine 180 Mg-75 Mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release
- Phenylpropanolamine 25 Mg Oral Tablet
- Phenylpropanolamine 37.5 Mg Oral Tablet
- Phenylpropanolamine 50 Mg Oral Tablet
- Phenylpropanolamine 75 Mg Oral Capsule, Extended Release
- Phenylpropanolamine 75 Mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release
Forms of Medication
Phenylpropanolamine is available in the following forms:
- Extended Release Capsule
- Extended Release Tablet
- Oral Capsule
- Oral Solution
- Oral Tablet