Duvall Drugs, Inc.
Duvall Drugs, Inc. is proud to have been in business in Humboldt, TN for over 35 years.
In 1972, Robert Duvall moved his family to Humboldt and bought an existing pharmacy from Mr. J.W. Langford. At that time, Langford's Rexall Drug was located in the old Tyler Towers building on 22nd Avenue. A few years later, Mr. Duvall moved the pharmacy to Main Street and changed the name to Duvall Rexall Drugs. Rexall was a widely recognized store brand at that time. The pharmacy became more of an apothecary type store with the move to Main Street with more emphasis on prescriptions and an emphasis mainly on healthcare items. The store has always maintained a full-line of greeting cards though, and we try to have something different than what you will find everywhere else.
In 2003, Mr. Duvall's oldest daughter, Michelle, bought the business from her mother and father and changed the name to Duvall Drugs, Inc. Michelle received her B.S. in Pharmacy in 1988 from VCU's Medical College of Virginia in Richmond where she graduated Summa Cum Laude. Prior to moving back to Humboldt and coming to work with her father, Michelle was a pharmacist at the Wal-Mart pharmacy in Hamilton, Alabama. Her first job after pharmacy school was with an independent pharmacy in Hopewell, Virginia called Circle View Pharmacy. While attending pharmacy school at the Medical College of Virginia in Richmond, Michelle worked part-time as a pharmacy technician at Williamsburg Community Hospital and then at MCV Hospital Pharmacy.
Michelle is now a preceptor for Union University's School of Pharmacy. She is very excited to be participating in the training of the pharmacists of the future.
Phone Number: 731-784-3610
Address: 1616 Main Street, Humboldt, TN 38343
Map: click here