How was your experience with Pentobarbital?
Uses of Pentobarbital
Pentobarbital is used in the treatment of:
- Status Epilepticus
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Pentobarbital Brand Names
Pentobarbital may be found in some form under the following brand names:
Pentobarbital Drug Class
Pentobarbital is part of the drug class:
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your doctor if you take:
- PENTOBARBITAL/QUETIAPINE FUMARATE
- PENTOBARBITAL/SODIUM OXYBATE
This is not a complete list of Pentobarbitaldrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Pentobarbital and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Pentobarbital falls into category D:
It has been shown that use of Pentobarbital in pregnant women caused some babies to be born with problems. However, in some serious situations, the benefit of using this medication may be greater than the risk of harm to the baby.
Take pentobarbital exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Pentobarbital dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Pentobarbital is available in the following doses:
- Belladonna/caffeine/ergotamine/pentobarbital 0.25 Mg-100 Mg-2 Mg-60 Mg Rectal Suppository
- Pentobarbital 100 Mg Oral Capsule
- Pentobarbital 120 Mg Rectal Suppository
- Pentobarbital 18.2 Mg/5 Ml Oral Elixir
- Pentobarbital 200 Mg Rectal Suppository
- Pentobarbital 30 Mg Rectal Suppository
- Pentobarbital 50 Mg Oral Capsule
- Pentobarbital 50 Mg/ml Injectable Solution
- Pentobarbital 60 Mg Rectal Suppository
- Pentobarbital Compounding Powder
- Pentobarbital Sodium Compounding Powder
Forms of Medication
Pentobarbital is available in the following forms:
- Injectable Solution
- Oral Capsule
- Oral Solution
- Oral Tablet
- Rectal Suppository