Pazeo treats itchy eyes associated with eye allergies. Pazeo is used once a day.
Pazeo is a prescription medication used to treat ocular (eye) itching associated with eye allergies.
Pazeo belongs to a group of drugs called antihistamines. It works by blocking the release of histamine from certain cells in the body.
This medication comes in the form of an eye drop and is used once a day.
Common side effects of Pazeo includes blurred vision and dry eyes.
How was your experience with ?
Pazeo Cautionary Labels
Uses of Pazeo
Pazeo is a prescription eye drop used to treat ocular (eye) itching associated with eye allergies.
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Side Effects of Pazeo
Pazeo eye drops can cause side effects including:
- blurred vision
- eye burning or stinging
- dry eyes
- sore throat
- superficial punctate keratitis in which the eyes are painful, watery, sensitive to bright light, and bloodshot, and vision may be slightly blurred
- bad or bitter taste
- abnormal sensation in the eye
Tell your doctor if any side effect is bothersome or does not go away.
This is not a complete list of Pazeo side effects. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Use Pazeo exactly as prescribed. Do not use more or less of it or use it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
To instill the eye drops, follow these steps:
- Wash your hands using soap and water.
- Make sure the dropper tip is not chipped or cracked.
- Do not allow dropper tip to contact your eye or any other surface.
- Tilt your head back, pull down the lower lid of your eye with your index finger to form a pocket.
- While looking up, gently squeeze the dropper so that a single drop falls into the pocket made by the lower eyelid. Remove your index finger from the lower eyelid.
- Close your eye for 2 to 3 minutes without blinking or squeezing your eyelids, and tilt your head down as though looking at the floor.
- Place a finger on the tear duct and apply gentle pressure.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- If you are to use more than one drop in the same eye, wait at least 5 minutes before instilling the next drop.
- Replace and tighten the cap on the dropper bottle. Do not wipe or rinse the dropper tip. Keep bottle tightly closed when not in use.
- Wash your hands to remove any medication.
The recommended dose is one drop in each affected eye once per day.
If you use too much Pazeo or if someone accidentally takes it by mouth, call your local Poison Control Center or seek emergency medical attention right away.