Plum Organics is voluntarily recalling its Little Crèmes organic rice milk snacks line after it was found that the product has the potential to cause choking.
The small, bite-sized snack pieces are made to soften in a child’s mouth in less than 20 seconds making them easy to swallow. Some pieces were found to take significantly longer than this, creating a potential choking hazard, particularly for babies and very young children.
The recall affects all Little Crèmes varieties:
- Super Purples (acai, blackberry & purple carrot),
- Super Reds (pomegranate, beet & berry), and
- Super Greens (kale, apple & sweet potato).
The affected items include:
- Item Number: 1559; Description: Baby Little Crèmes Sweet Potato Kale Apple - 8ct; Selling Unit UPC: 846675000330; Case UPC: 846675001559; Best By Dates: 05AUG14 to BB 12AUG15
- Item Number: 1542; Description: Baby Little Crèmes Blackberry Acai - 8ct; Selling Unit UPC: 846675000347; Case UPC: 846675001542; Best By Dates: 05AUG14 to BB 12AUG15
- Item Number: 1535; Description: Baby Little Crèmes Beet Berry Pomegranate - 8ct; Selling Unit UPC: 846675000323; Case UPC: 846675001535; Best By Dates: 05AUG14 to BB 12AUG15
These products should not be consumed, and should be disposed of immediately.
The recalled products were shipped nationwide to grocery, mass, specialty and online retailers in the United States.
Plum is taking the necessary steps to remove all of this product from the marketplace after it received complaints from consumers, including reports of injuries. No other Plum Organics products are affected by this recall.
Plum Organics asks that people who have bought this product contact the company for reimbursement. People can call the Plum Organics Consumer Hotline 866-535-3774 which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or send an email to email@example.com.