iodine ioflupane (123I)
How was your experience with iodine ioflupane (123I)?
iodine ioflupane (123I) Drug Class
iodine ioflupane (123I) is part of the drug class:
iodine ioflupane (123I) Interactions
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your doctor if you take:
- AMOXAPINE/IOFLUPANE I-123
- AMPHETAMINE/IOFLUPANE I-123
- BENZTROPINE/IOFLUPANE I-123
- BUPROPION/IOFLUPANE I-123
- BUSPIRONE/IOFLUPANE I-123
- CITALOPRAM/IOFLUPANE I-123
- COCAINE/IOFLUPANE I-123
- DEXTROAMPHETAMINE/IOFLUPANE I-123
- ESCITALOPRAM OXALATE/IOFLUPANE I-123
- FLUOXETINE/IOFLUPANE I-123
- FLUVOXAMINE MALEATE/IOFLUPANE I-123
- IOFLUPANE I-123/MAZINDOL
- IOFLUPANE I-123/METHAMPHETAMINE
- IOFLUPANE I-123/METHYLPHENIDATE
- IOFLUPANE I-123/PAROXETINE
- IOFLUPANE I-123/PHENTERMINE
- IOFLUPANE I-123/PHENYLEPHRINE
- IOFLUPANE I-123/SELEGILINE
- IOFLUPANE I-123/SERTRALINE
This is not a complete list of iodine ioflupane (123I)drug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
iodine ioflupane (123I) and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Ioflupane[123I] falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Ioflupane[123I] should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Ioflupane[123I] should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
iodine ioflupane (123I) Dosage
Take iodine ioflupane (123i) exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The iodine ioflupane (123I) dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
iodine ioflupane (123I) is available in the following doses:
- Ioflupane I-123 74 Mbq/ml Intravenous Solution