Ceftizoxime treats a variety of bacterial infections.
How was your experience with Ceftizoxime?
Uses of Ceftizoxime
Ceftizoxime is used in the treatment of:
- Acinetobacter Infections
- Bacteroides Infections
- Bone Diseases, Infectious
- Escherichia coli Infections
- Haemophilus Infections
- Klebsiella Infections
- Pneumonia, Bacterial
- Proteus Infections
- Serratia Infections
- Skin Diseases, Bacterial
- Soft Tissue Infections
- Staphylococcal Infections
- Streptococcal Infections
- Urinary Tract Infections
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Ceftizoxime Brand Names
Ceftizoxime may be found in some form under the following brand names:
Ceftizoxime Drug Class
Ceftizoxime is part of the drug class:
This is not a complete list of Ceftizoximedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Ceftizoxime and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Ceftizoxime falls into category B:
There are no well-done studies that have been done in humans with Ceftizoxime. But in animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication, and the babies did not show any medical issues related to this medication.
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given Ceftizoxime, and some babies had problems. But in human studies, pregnant women were given this medication and their babies did not have any problems related to this medication.
Take ceftizoxime exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Ceftizoxime dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Ceftizoxime is available in the following doses:
- Ceftizoxime 1 G Injectable Powder For Injection
- Ceftizoxime 1 G/50 Ml Intravenous Solution
- Ceftizoxime 10 G Injectable Powder For Injection
- Ceftizoxime 2 G Injectable Powder For Injection
- Ceftizoxime 2 G/50 Ml Intravenous Solution
- Ceftizoxime 500 Mg Injectable Powder For Injection
Forms of Medication
Ceftizoxime is available in the following forms:
- Injectable Solution