How was your experience with Castor Oil?
Uses of Castor Oil
Castor Oil is used in the prevention of:
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Castor Oil Brand Names
Castor Oil Drug Class
Castor Oil is part of the drug class:
Castor Oil Interactions
This is not a complete list of Castor Oildrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Castor Oil and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Castor Oil falls into category X:
It has been shown that women taking Castor Oil during pregnancy may have babies with problems. There are no situations where the benefits of the medication for the mother outweigh the risks of harm to the baby. These medicines should never be used by pregnant women.
Castor Oil Dosage
Take castor oil exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Castor Oil dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Castor Oil is available in the following doses:
- Balsam Peru-castor Oil Topical 72.5 Mg-650 Mg/0.82 Ml Topical Spray
- Balsam Peru-castor Oil Topical 87 Mg-788 Mg/g Topical Ointment
- Balsam Peru/castor Oil/trypsin Topical 72.5 Mg-650 Mg-0.1 Mg/0.82 Ml Topical Spray
- Balsam Peru/castor Oil/trypsin Topical 87 Mg-788 Mg-0.12 Mg/g Topical Gel
- Balsam Peru/castor Oil/trypsin Topical 87 Mg-788 Mg-0.12 Mg/g Topical Spray
- Balsam Peru/castor Oil/trypsin Topical 87 Mg-788 Mg-90 Units/g Topical Ointment
- Castor Oil 100% Oral Liquid
- Castor Oil 36.4% Oral Emulsion
- Castor Oil 95% Oral Suspension
Forms of Medication
Castor Oil is available in the following forms:
- Oral Solution
- Oral Suspension
- Topical Gel
- Topical Ointment
- Topical Spray