How was your experience with Bacitracin?
Uses of Bacitracin
Bacitracin is used in the treatment of:
- Enterocolitis, Pseudomembranous
- Eye Infections, Bacterial
- Staphylococcal Infections
- Streptococcal Infections
Bacitracin is used in the prevention of:
- Skin Diseases, Bacterial
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Bacitracin Brand Names
Bacitracin may be found in some form under the following brand names:
Bacitracin Drug Class
Bacitracin is part of the drug class:
This is not a complete list of Bacitracindrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Bacitracin and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Bacitracin falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Bacitracin should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Bacitracin should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Take bacitracin exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Bacitracin dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Bacitracin is available in the following doses:
- Bacitracin 50000 Units Intramuscular Powder For Injection
- Bacitracin Compounding Powder
- Bacitracin Ophthalmic 500 Units/g Ophthalmic Ointment
- Bacitracin Topical 500 Units/g Topical Ointment
- Bacitracin-polymyxin B Ophthalmic 500 Units-10000 Units/g Ophthalmic Ointment
- Bacitracin-polymyxin B Topical 500 Units-10000 Units/g Topical Ointment
- Bacitracin-polymyxin B Topical 500 Units-10000 Units/g Topical Powder
- Bacitracin-zinc Oxide Topical 500 Units/g-25% Topical Spray
- Bacitracin/diperodon/neomycin/polymyxin B Top 500 Units-10 Mg-3.5 Mg-5000 Units/g Topical Ointment
- Bacitracin/hc/neomycin/polymyxin B Ophthalmic 400 Units-10 Mg-3.5 Mg-10000 Units/g Ophthalmic Ointment
- Bacitracin/hc/neomycin/polymyxin B Topical 400 Units-10 Mg-3.5 Mg-10000 Units/g Topical Ointment
- Bacitracin/lidocaine/neomycin/polymyxin B Top 400 Units-50 Mg-3.5 Mg-5000 Units/g Topical Ointment
- Bacitracin/lidocaine/neomycin/polymyxin B Top 500 Units-40 Mg-3.5 Mg-10,000 Units/g Topical Ointment
- Bacitracin/neomycin/polymyxin B Topical 400 Units-3.5 Mg-5000 Units/g Topical Ointment
- Bacitracin/polymyxin B/pramoxine Topical 500 Units-10000 Units-10 Mg/g Topical Ointment
Forms of Medication
Bacitracin is available in the following forms:
- Injectable Solution
- Topical Cream
- Topical Ointment
- Topical Powder
- Topical Spray