Stroke Risk Factors: A Growing Threat
In spite of stroke-prevention efforts in recent years, stroke risk factors appear to be becoming more common, according to a new study.
Diabetes: How Teen Stress Could Predict Adult Risk
Many people believe that a positive mindset can help them overcome disease. New evidence suggests that the power of the mind-body connection may not only be real, it may also be a two-way street.
Lighting Up Might Up Your Diabetes Risk
It appears that smoking may put more than just your heart and lung health at risk.
Global Health Affected by Unhealthy Habits
Many of the deaths that occur around the world today may be preventable.
5 Lifestyle Factors Linked to Less Heart Failure
Your day-to-day activities just may halve your risk for heart failure.
Are You at Risk for Heart Disease?
Heart disease remains the leading cause of death in the US, but watching for certain risk factors may help give your heart a chance.
Got Diabetes? Quit Smoking, but Take Care
If you smoke, quit! If you're a smoker who has diabetes, however, you may need to more closely monitor your blood sugar after you quit.
Smoking May Be Even Riskier Than Once Thought
Smokers, it’s never too late to quit — and there may now be even more good reasons to do so.
New Report Ranks US States for Healthiness
The United Health Foundation today released its annual state health rankings. The states varied widely, and some national measures of health saw slight improvements.
Overall US Dietary Quality Remained Low
Since 2000, US officials have made several policy changes in nutrition and proper food processing. But a new study found that, despite government efforts to promote proper diet, eating habits in the US remained a national concern.
- (-) Remove Diabetes filter Diabetes
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- Cardiovascular (14) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (14) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Cancer (7) Apply Cancer filter
- Exercise (4) Apply Exercise filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (4) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Patient Safety Education (3) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Gastrointestinal (2) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Infectious Disease (2) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Kidney Disease (2) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Rheumatic Disease (2) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Womens Health (2) Apply Womens Health filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Healthy Home (1) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (1) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter