How to Prevent Birth Defects
Each January, the United States observes National Birth Defects Prevention Month.
The Answers to Your Breastfeeding Questions
Aug. 1 through 7 is World Breastfeeding Week — the perfect time to learn a little more about breastfeeding.
Folic Acid and Pregnancy
Folic acid can help prevent major birth defects called neural tube defects (NTDs). But how much folic acid are you supposed to get?
Understanding Birth Defects
While not all birth defects are preventable, you can take some steps to help reduce the risk to your baby, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Three Tips for a Healthy Pregnancy
Whether you are trying to have a baby or just thinking about it, informing yourself is a good first step. Here are three tips to get you started:
Where Zika Spread, Birth Defects Were More Common
Parts of the United States that had local Zika virus transmission saw an increase in birth defects that have been linked to the virus, a new study found.
Obesity in Pregnancy Tied to Bigger Babies
Being obese during pregnancy may raise the likelihood of your infant being apparently bigger, according to a new study.
A Healthy Reason to Love Your Dog
Your dog may benefit your child's health, according to two new studies.
Gaps in Newborn Screening
Many infants are still not getting the recommended newborn screenings at birth.
The Threat of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) may be relatively common, according to a new study.
- Celexa (3) Apply Celexa filter
- Lexapro (3) Apply Lexapro filter
- Paxil (3) Apply Paxil filter
- Prozac (3) Apply Prozac filter
- Zoloft (3) Apply Zoloft filter
- Effexor (2) Apply Effexor filter
- Asmanex (1) Apply Asmanex filter
- Flovent (1) Apply Flovent filter
- Imuran (1) Apply Imuran filter
- Kaletra (1) Apply Kaletra filter
- (-) Remove Obstetrics/Gynecology filter Obstetrics/Gynecology
- (-) Remove Pediatrics filter Pediatrics
- Mental Health (74) Apply Mental Health filter
- Addictions (32) Apply Addictions filter
- Child Disorders (20) Apply Child Disorders filter
- Depression (15) Apply Depression filter
- Emotional Health (8) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Anxiety Disorders (7) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (7) Apply Autism Spectrum Disorders filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (6) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Sleep Disorders (3) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Stress (3) Apply Stress filter
- Violence Prevention (3) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Bipolar Disorder (2) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder (1) Apply Attention Deficit Disorder filter
- Schizophrenia (1) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Womens Health (69) Apply Womens Health filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (47) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Infectious Disease (33) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (24) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Baby (21) Apply Baby filter
- Diabetes (12) Apply Diabetes filter
- Pulmonary Disease (12) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Cardiovascular (11) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Allergies (7) Apply Allergies filter
- Gastrointestinal (7) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Lactose Intolerance Food Allergy (3) Apply Lactose Intolerance Food Allergy filter
- Acid Reflux (1) Apply Acid Reflux filter
- Constipation (1) Apply Constipation filter
- Dental Health (1) Apply Dental Health filter
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (1) Apply Irritable Bowel Syndrome filter
- Liver Disease (1) Apply Liver Disease filter
- Healthy Home (7) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (7) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Cancer (4) Apply Cancer filter
- Rheumatic Disease (3) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Eye Disease (2) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Thyroid Disorders (2) Apply Thyroid Disorders filter
- Incontinence (1) Apply Incontinence filter
- Low Testosterone (1) Apply Low Testosterone filter
- Mens Health (1) Apply Mens Health filter