Patient Ratings for Sodium Salicylate
How was your experience with Sodium Salicylate?
Uses of Sodium Salicylate
Sodium Salicylate is used in the treatment of:
- Acne Vulgaris
- Dermatitis, Seborrheic
- Scalp Dermatoses
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Sodium Salicylate Brand Names
Sodium Salicylate may be found in some form under the following brand names:
Sodium Salicylate Drug Class
Sodium Salicylate is part of the drug class:
Sodium Salicylate Interactions
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your doctor if you take:
- ANISINDIONE/SODIUM SALICYLATE
- DICUMAROL/SODIUM SALICYLATE
- HEPARIN/SODIUM SALICYLATE
- KETOROLAC/SODIUM SALICYLATE
- PHENPROCOUMON/SODIUM SALICYLATE
- SODIUM SALICYLATE/WARFARIN
This is not a complete list of Sodium Salicylatedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Sodium Salicylate and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Sodium Salicylate falls into category D:
It has been shown that use of Sodium Salicylate in pregnant women caused some babies to be born with problems. However, in some serious situations, the benefit of using this medication may be greater than the risk of harm to the baby.
Sodium Salicylate Dosage
Take sodium salicylate exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Sodium Salicylate dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Sodium Salicylate is available in the following doses:
- Benzoic Acid/methenamine/sodium Salicylate 32 Mg-162 Mg-162.5 Mg Oral Tablet
- Caffeine/pheniramine/pe/na Citrate, Salicylat Oral Syrup
- Sodium Salicylate 325 Mg Oral Delayed Release Tablet
- Sodium Salicylate 650 Mg Oral Delayed Release Tablet
- Sodium Salicylate Compounding Powder