Dexrazoxane treats side effects of breast cancer chemotherapy drugs. This medication is only used if you have side effects from breast cancer chemotherapy drugs.
Patient Ratings for Dexrazoxane
How was your experience with Dexrazoxane?
Uses of Dexrazoxane
Dexrazoxane is used in the treatment of:
- Breast Neoplasms
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Dexrazoxane Brand Names
Dexrazoxane Drug Class
Dexrazoxane is part of the drug class:
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your doctor if you take:
- BCG VACCINE/DEXRAZOXANE HYDROCHLORIDE
- DEXRAZOXANE HYDROCHLORIDE/INFLUENZA VIRUS,LIVE
- DEXRAZOXANE HYDROCHLORIDE/MEASLES VIRUS VACCINE,LIVE ATTENUATED
- DEXRAZOXANE HYDROCHLORIDE/MEASLES/MUMPS/RUBELLA VIRUS VACCINE,LIVE
- DEXRAZOXANE HYDROCHLORIDE/MEASLES/RUBELLA VIRUS VACCINE,LIVE
- DEXRAZOXANE HYDROCHLORIDE/MUMPS VIRUS VACCINE,LIVE
- DEXRAZOXANE HYDROCHLORIDE/MUMPS/RUBELLA VIRUS VACCINE,LIVE
- DEXRAZOXANE HYDROCHLORIDE/POLIOVIRUS VACCINE LIVE
- DEXRAZOXANE HYDROCHLORIDE/ROTAVIRUS
- DEXRAZOXANE HYDROCHLORIDE/RUBELLA VIRUS VACCINE,LIVE
- DEXRAZOXANE HYDROCHLORIDE/TYPHOID VACCINE LIVE
- DEXRAZOXANE HYDROCHLORIDE/VARICELLA VIRUS VACCINE,LIVE
- DEXRAZOXANE HYDROCHLORIDE/YELLOW FEVER VACCINE
- DEXRAZOXANE HYDROCHLORIDE/ZOSTER VACCINE LIVE (OKA/MERCK)
This is not a complete list of Dexrazoxanedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Dexrazoxane and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Dexrazoxane falls into category D:
It has been shown that use of Dexrazoxane in pregnant women caused some babies to be born with problems. However, in some serious situations, the benefit of using this medication may be greater than the risk of harm to the baby.
Take dexrazoxane exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Dexrazoxane dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Dexrazoxane is available in the following doses:
- Dexrazoxane 250 Mg Intravenous Powder For Injection
- Dexrazoxane 500 Mg Intravenous Powder For Injection
Forms of Medication
Dexrazoxane is available in the following forms:
- Injectable Solution